Girl bosses and lazy girls everywhere, listen up! When it comes to sartorial matters, you’re second to none, but the whole outfit planning process? Well, you could definitely do without it — because hello, time and effort. Pass. This is especially true on your days off, when every second spent rummaging through your wardrobe means missing out on precious moments of beach time. Not on our watch. Times like these call for a foolproof summer uniform that combines throw-on-and-go effortlessness and impeccable style. Enter these on-trend embroidered dress and straw hat combos, perfect for lazy-girl dressing (not to mention the all-important sun protection factor). When you’ve exhausted your go-to shorts and tops pairings, try these DDG summer outfit ideas that make the transition from date night to lazy beach days flawless.
1. Mango Embroidered Long Dress ($60) + Yosuzi Pom Pom Detail Hat ($385): Pass up the chance to rock a few pom-poms? Never! Show-stopping color and festive pom embellishments set this straw hat — and your style — apart from the rest. Pop it on with a free-wheelin’ maxi dress and suede shorts for a festival-ready getup with major style cred, or style it alongside a classic shirt dress and espadrilles for a lazy afternoon in the park.
2. Madewell Embroidered Indigo Mercado Dress ($158) + Lack of Color Spencer Wide Brimmed Hat ($69): From lunch dates at your favorite sidewalk cafe to leisurely seaside strolls, this flirtatious pairing was made for frolicking in the sun. Pair it with lace-up sandals and tassel-tastic drop earrings for #OOTD perfection.
3. Zara Embroidered Dress ($40) + Frederica Moretti Minu Bow-Detail Straw Cap ($83): Athleisure? You’ve got it down pat. Joggers, trainers and bomber jackets have been in rotation since way back, which means it’s time to step up your sporty-chic game. When the temps start to sizzle, bust out this pop art dress and a summery take on a classic baseball cap, then style ‘em alongside minimalist slides and mirrored round sunnies for a casual-cool look with a funky downtown-meets-uptown twist.
4. Wilfred Allier Dress ($150) + Anthropologie West Palm Fedora ($78): When it comes to lying low, cotton tanks and cutoffs get all the love. When you’re ready to give your warm-weather uniform a revamp, look to this throw-on-and-go pairing that can easily be dressed up or down with a few quick swaps. Take along runway-ready platform sandals and mismatched earrings for a sunset walk along the boardwalk, or keep it real for a baseball game with a denim jacket and fresh white sneakers.
5. H&M Embroidered Maxi Dress ($35) + ASOS Straw Floppy Hat in Color Block ($28): Between waterfront soirees, backyard barbecues and graduation parties, this relaxed-yet-refined combo is one with major staying power. A swingy silhouette and soft fabric speak to the lazy girl in us all, while the elongated shape delivers a lady-about-town vibe, especially when paired with block heels and a killer mani. Top it off with a dramatic wide-brim hat and cat-eye shades that can be worn while sipping Champagne and schmoozing on the lawn. Fabulous, dahhhling.
6. Mango Embroidered Cotton Dress ($60) + Anthropologie Buenos Sun Hat ($88): From AM to PM, this cute cotton dress has you covered. By day it’s a stylish coverup for a ’70s-inspired crochet swimsuit, teamed, of course, with gladiator sandals and this cheerful striped topper. After hours it’s a toned-down alternative to your standard LBD. Styled alongside a choker and lace-up wedges, it’s the perfect companion for carefree summer nights.
7. Topshop Embroidered Bardot Dress ($68) + J.Crew Panama Hat ($58): When the agenda calls for something a little more put-together than a bathing suit and Birkenstocks, this off-the-shoulder stunner has your back. Bringing the nonchalant vibes you love, it’s just the thing for jam-packed Saturdays that require getups with wear-anywhere appeal. For day-to-night styling in a snap, roll out the red lipstick, beach babe waves (topped off with a straw fedora, obvi) and strappy sandals.
8. Zara Patch Denim Dress ($40) + ASOS Straw Visor With Geo-Tribal Trim ($17): A denim dress this rad requires a few equally as standout accessories, and this straw visor doesn’t disappoint. Hit the courts with this sporty combo and suede tennis shoes in tow, or pair it with holographic flatforms and a quirky crossbody bag for an upcoming concert series.
9. Muzung Sisters Black Floral Embroidered Eva Dress ($185) + Anthropologie Manzaneda Fedora ($98): Free-spirited femmes who live in flowy maxi dresses will swoon hard for this OMG-worthy pairing. As if the folksy floral embroidery on this getaway-ready frock weren’t enough, the woven red fedora is practically begging to be paired with a Jane Birkin-approved straw bag and colorful clogs for a wine tasting at the vineyard or perusing through a Saturday morning flea market.
10. Zara Embroidered Dress ($50) + Aldo Floppy Straw Hat With Stripes and Frayed Trim ($31): Your bohemian sensibilities have met their match in this embroidered slip dress and graphic floppy hat. Pair this dream team with minimalist gold sandals, a bright bucket bag and stacking rings for a casual coffee date or an island getaway.
11. Mango Embroidered Panel Dress ($60) + Nordstrom Stripe Floppy Sun Hat ($38): Master off-the-clock dressing with this prairie-chic dress and striped floppy hat that can be teamed with peep-toe booties and a messy fishtail braid for the main stage. Edge it up for an afternoon in the city with platform Oxfords, a leather jacket and a half-moon bag.
12. Topshop Embroidered Tassel Sundress ($52) + Kate Spade New York Embroidered Lovely Sunhat ($88): Run, don’t walk, to snag this trend-right pairing that would look best styled with bright espadrille sandals and a next-level pedi. Take style cues from Insta fashion darlings by rounding out the look with a suede topper and saddlebag.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.