Case in point — her recent ‘gram showing off the coolest sweater trend you’ll see all fall, literally and figuratively. This “cold shoulder” look is nothing new — it dominated spring and summer — but what is new is the fact that people are doing it in knit fabrics. Think of it as the new take on an off-the-shoulder look. Ready to bare your shoulders? Try one of these.
1. Aerie Cold Shoulder Sweater ($50): A classic cable knit sweater gets upgraded with shoulder cutouts and a pretty pale pink color. Throw it over yoga pants as shown for a cute throwback Fame look.
2. ASOS Chunky Knit With Cold Shoulder ($49): Emma’s has a really pretty ruffle detail which is a micro trend in itself. Get her look with this bright and happy green sweater that will keep you cheerful all the way through the winter doldrums.
3. Free People Rory Jumper ($57): You can even do it in a sleek ribbed knit like this one from Free People. Try it under a blazer at work, and then remove your jacket for a subtly sexy happy hour look.
4. River Island Cable Knit Cold Shoulder ($72): This sweater has such an ‘80s vibe — in a good way. The mock turtleneck looks great with a pair of medium wash jeans, pointy high heels and drop earrings for a going-out look.
5. Trouve Cold Shoulder Knit ($79): This orange knit would look really cute with jeans and over-the-knee boots, but equally as cool as a pullover for an after workout look. Pair it with your favorite printed leggings and black or white sneakers for a really cool fitness outfit.
6. Olivia Palermo for Chelsea28 Ribbed Cold Shoulder Knit ($99): Olivia Palermo’s collections for Nordstrom’s Chelsea28 are so her style, so if you’re looking to take a page from her style book, try one of her pieces, like this ribbed cold shoulder knit. OP would probably rock it with leather culottes, but you can tuck it into a simple fit and flare skirt for an easy work look.
7. Design Lab Open Knit Cold Shoulder Sweater ($68): This rust color is what fall fashion dreams are made of. The slightly long sleeves are just screaming for you to ball them up beneath a good book in front of a fire.
8. Bardot David Cold Shoulder Knit ($88): The way this turtleneck is styled — with a leather pleated midi skirt — is just the chicest. Add a long pendant necklace or fringe earrings (but not both) to complete the look.
9. Sanctuary Amelie Cold Shoulder Knit ($79): This sweater is taking off-the-shoulder to new lengths — literally. Cozy up on a weekend with this sweater, or take it for a spin on a Friday night with cropped jeans, super high heels and a metallic clutch.
Find more outfit inspo on our Pinterest page!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Feature photo via Paul Morigi / Getty)