Emma Watson has quickly become one of our go-to gals for beauty inspo. Her red carpet looks are always extremely polished, showing off a sophistication far beyond her years (remember, the accomplished actress is only a recent grad!). So we were so smitten to see that one of her latest premiere looks was no exception (#flawless), and one we want to copy for every fancy outdoor occasion we attend this summer.
Em posed for the cameras before a screening of Noah with a dark berry lip, majorly bronzed cheekbones and brows brushed to Cara Delevingne-levels of bold. Paired with an on-trend extreme side part, Emma schooled us in the most natural way to rock a glammed-up look. And now we’re paying it forward with this beauty DIY — A-list luminescence is just a few steps away!
1. Apply a sheer foundation with a brush for even coverage. We used Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer ($43) in “Natural.”
2. Apply a lightweight hydrating concealer on the “T” section of your face: The center of your forehead, bridge of your nose, center of your upper lip, center of your chin + underneath your eyes. One of our favorites is YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch ($25).
3. Use a Beauty Blender Sponge ($10 –> Greatest thing EVER for blending!) to blend the concealer into the foundation.
4. Applying enough bronzer is key to attaining this look. Be sure to hit the hollows of your cheeks, temples, jawline and sides of your nose for the best contour. We used the darker side of the POP Double Duty Bronzer ($30) duo for this step.
5. Next, apply a blush that has a sheen to it and that has red undertones. We used Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine ($7) Its creamy texture leaves the dreamiest dewy finish — that’s just the polish you want.
6. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, apply a flat cream eyeshadow to the entire lid, brow bone and inner corner of your eyes. MAC’s Vanilla ($21) is a great shade for this.
7. In the crease of your lids, use a flat, light brown shadow like Wedge by MAC ($19) to create natural-looking depth.
8. To really sell the eyes and tie the look together, add a hint of the same blush you used on your cheeks.
9. Line the tops and bottom of your eyes with a creamy black liner like the Palladio Retractable Eye Pencil ($5).
10. Fill in your eyebrows with shadow that matches your brow color to refine and shape your face.We used MAC’s Espresso Shadow ($19) and angled brow brush for this step.
11. Curl your lashes and apply a thickening mascara like Benefit’s They’re Real ($23).
12. Apply a matte berry lipstick like MAC’s Lipstick in “Diva” with a lip brush.
13. Now that your eye makeup has had a chance to dry, go back and apply a brightening liner on the inside lower water line of your eyes. This will give you a clean pop and contrast the otherwise dark makeup. Laura Geller Waterproof I-Care Brightening Pencil in Bone ($9) is a must-have product for this type of look.
Don’t forget to add that extreme side part! It polishes off the look so nicely. Now just be prepared for the compliments to flow, so start practicing your “Who me? ;)” face right now.
Yep, just like that, you beauty!
What glam red carpet looks do you want help recreating? Tell us which star’s style YOU want us to help you hack in the comments below.