Big, beautiful lashes are always in style, and are a great complement to your perfected smokey eyes and Cara D-level brows. But don’t think you have to master falsies to wear bold lashes. We’ve put together 15 tips to emphasize your natural lashes! With a little bit of color, cat eyes and warm tones, you’ll be ready to rock your natural lashes in a big, eye-popping way!
1. Cat Eyes: We love a good cat eye, and this look is a great way to emphasize your natural lashes. The wings follow the shape of your lashes, giving them a longer, more dramatic appearance. Give the swoop a try! (via Brit + Co)
4. Castor Oil: We’ve been a little obsessed with incorporating oil into our beauty routines after hearing that Emma Stone does it (just us?), and this slick trick will give you fluttery lashes and thicker brows. Fill up an empty mascara tube with castor oil and swipe it on at night for longer, lusher lashes. You’re welcome. (via The Beauty Department)
6. Tightline: Tightlining looks scary, but you can totally master this look with practice! Instead of lining your eyes the traditional way, tightlining involves tracing your waterline to add a more defined outline. (via PopSugar)
7. Natural: The natural look is a standby of ours, perfect for work or play. With a matte and nude palette, a touch of mascara will create eye-catching lashes that aren’t too bold for everyday wear. (via Brit + Co)
9. Neon Eyeliner Under Eyes: Perfect for everything from tea towels to home decor, neon is a go-to for any show-stopping look. Try neon eyeliner for a dramatic look that highlights your eyes and accentuates your lashes. (via Brit + Co)
11. Shimmery Shadow: We can all use a little bit of shimmer! Shimmery shadow creates a soft, playful look and brightens your eyes, making your eyes look bigger and your lashes more pronounced. (via Brit + Co)
12. Mascara: Mascara is a necessity when painting eye-popping lashes. Keep a bottle in your purse for emergencies, and add a couple of extra coats for a bolder, fuller look on-the-go or at the end of a long day. (via Makeup.com)
13. Eyeliner: Duh, we know, but when you’re looking to add a little extra umph to your eyes, eyeliner is your best friend. Liner will make your eyes and appear bigger, while drawing extra attention to your lash line, giving the appearance of bolder, thicker lashes! (via Brit + Co)
14. Colorful Shadow: A bold dash of color will draw loads of attention to your peepers. Top your look off with black mascara — our current favorite is L’Oréal’s Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara ($8) — for lashes that make a statement! (via Brit + Co)
15. Eye Contouring: Illuminate your eyes and lashes with white accents. This white-and-nude color blocking look is like the contouring method for your eyes, and it sets up your lashes to be the stars of the show! (via Brit + Co)
Love your natural lashes? Which of these looks will you try next? Tell us in the comments below!