I have a confession to make. I am a face mistaholic.
A former coworker turned me on to Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir — it basically has a cult following — and I was instantly hooked on the $49-per-bottle beauty-boosting spray. It smelled so refreshing, worked wonders on my skin and I was able to use it for *so many* purposes: as a makeup prep spray, to dampen my makeup sponges, as a setting/finishing spray, mid-day pick-me-up, in-flight refreshing mist… the list goes on.
The addictive minty-fresh smell, slight tingle and overall glow this stuff gave me made me feel like I was doing my skin a favor every time I used it. I quickly realized I was spritzing my way through an entire 3.4 oz bottle of the not-so-cheap face mist in three weeks’ time, though. I had to find a less expensive solution ASAP because my skin was like, “Where did all that beauty elixir go???,” while my bank account was like, “Where did all that money go???”
Here’s my simple, inexpensive and super multi-purpose face mist you can stash on your vanity, in your purse and at your desk!
– small spray bottle
– ribbon to decorate
– witch hazel
– tea tree oil
– Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
1. Fill your bottle halfway with witch hazel. You can use any witch hazel you like, but I really love the Thayer’s Alcohol-Free Rose Petal kind. It smells so lovely.
2. Add in Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner until the bottle is filled.
3. *Carefully* add in 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. I use Trader Joe’s Spa 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil. This stuff smells amazing but is incredibly powerful — you really only need a teeeensy-tiny amount for a small spray bottle like this.
4. Shake it up and spray away in an “X” formation!
Do you use face mists? If so, which are your favorites? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.