It’s no secret that Korean beauty always seems to be
one several steps ahead of what we have here in the states, constantly coming up with new and innovate skincare trends. That’s why whenever we hear about the latest K-beauty trend, we definitely stop and take note. One of the latest must-haves to make waves has been essence, hailed as the missing step between toning and applying a serum. Loaded with active ingredients that pack a seriously hydrating punch, an essence is a great step to add this time of year to prevent dreaded dry skin. Check out 13 facial essences to try if you’re looking for a little help achieving a next-level glow this winter.
1. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence ($99/2.5 oz): Improve your skin’s tone and texture over time with this cult-favorite formula. The product works to support skin cell renewal so you’ll be left with brighter, healthier skin.
2. Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence ($85): Treat yourself with this beautiful floral essence that can be used morning, day or night with ease. It works fantastically both before and after makeup, and can be used as a bit of a refresher throughout the day for dry skin.
3. belif Hungarian Water Essence ($42): We all know how important it is to have your daily eight glasses of water, so why not hydrate your complexion topically as well? This lightweight formula recharges skin, helping you get the most from your skincare routine.
4. Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion ($43): Available for both dry and oily skin, this essence lotion helps to beautify any complexion, no matter your skin type.
5. Rice Force Deep Moisture Essence ($100): Give your skin a little extra TLC with a rice-infused formula that deeply penetrates skin to give you the ultimate amount of hydration.
6. May Coop Raw Sauce ($43): This maple water-infused formula is one of the latest exports from the innovative Korean beauty industry. Applying a bit of this before moisturizing not only helps your serum absorb better, but it also boosts the effectiveness of your skincare products.
7. AmorePacific Intensive Vitalizing Eye Essence ($95): While most of these products are meant for your entire complexion, this particular formula focuses on the delicate skin around the eyes. Caffeine and oat extract help to brighten and lift tired eyes to help decrease fine lines and darkness over time.
8. Shiseido Eudermine Revitalizing Essence ($56): This essence works to keep your skin’s moisture level constant no matter what time of year. That quality alone makes this ultra-softening multi-tasker a great year-round option for your routine.
9. Algenist Hydrating Essence Toner ($25): Replenish your skin’s moisture and prep your face for a serum or moisturizer using this very hydrating and affordable essence.
10. Fresh Peony Spot-Correcting Brightening Essence ($65): For a skincare pick that’s a bit of an overachiever, you’ll love this brightening essence. Not only does it give you hydration and luminosity, but the essence actually helps to even out your skin tone and diminish dark spots after consistent use. Talk about a real multi-tasker.
11. Boscia Cool Blue Hydration Essence ($48): If the gorgeous color wasn’t enough of a selling point, then the intensely redness-soothing and cooling properties of this gel-serum should be. Kiss dull skin goodbye by adding this moisturizing bottle to your skincare roster.
12. Koh Gen Do Oriental Plant Essence ($85): This hydrating serum contains 36 botanical extracts that absorb quickly for super moisturized skin.
13. Diorsnow Global Transparency Essence ($145): Gorgeous bottle aside, this powerhouse formula works to erase age and dark spots across the board.
Would you use a facial essence? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!