It’s official: your favorite necklace from the ’90s is back in a big way. If you’re looking for an easy way to update your accessory game this fall, ditch that necklace that hangs down to your bellybutton in favor of one that’s a little (okay, a lot) shorter. If you’re not totally sure how to wear the throwback trend, look to these eight celebs for some style inspiration.
1. Chelsea Kane: Here’s a sparkly option that would also be totally DIYable. Grab some stretchy, glittery trim from the fabric store and glue or hand sew the ends around a round piece of jewelry. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
2. Ariana Grande: Sweet, simple and totally elegant, this delicate number will go with literally anything. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
3. Jennifer Hudson: If you’re into the style Ariana is rocking, but you want an added element try something with a unique shape like Jennifer Hudson’s pick. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
4. Keke Palmer: Going for a straight-up ’90s look, Keke paired the classic choker necklace with a sleek, color-blocked number to give it a more current feel. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
5. Rita Ora: Did you just take the rainbow hair plunge? Top your new look off with something akin to this modern, rose gold number. (Photo via Tim P. Whitby/Getty)
6. Chloe Moretz: Here’s yet another option that’s DIYable. Add a ’90s vibe to your current necklace collection by using a thin ribbon as a choker.(Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
7. Emma Watson: Emma Watson, killing it in the style department yet again. All you have to do to copy this look is find a super minimal choker and spin it around. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
8. Jennifer Lawrence: If you’re not sure that you’re fully on board with the look, copy J. Law’s famous red carpet look by simply wearing a longer necklace with the excess chain in the back. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Are you on board with the choker trend? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.