Now that the calendar says October, it’s really starting to feel like fall, which means it’s time for layering on some warmth. But before you start your online shopping crusade, check out the four most important outerwear trends of the season and the coats to wrap yourself in to get the looks. The best part about our findings? All of the coats and jackets shown here are under $100, proving great style doesn’t have to be expensive.
1. Monki Biker Jacket ($86): Moto does not have to equate badass. A moto jacket in blush is soft while still giving you a bit of edge.
2. Katy Boyfriend Jacket ($62): Simple, but powerful and pink — this boyfriend-style coat is both feminine and menswear-inspired.
3. Double Breasted Jacket ($40): The double-breasted peacoat will never go out of style, but a little rosy inspiration gives it an of-the-moment update.
4. Boucle Coat ($60): So sophisticated and ladylike — we have no doubt that Olivia Palermo would approve.
5. Wool-blend Coat ($80): Wear it as a blazer, wear it as outerwear — this wool-blend coat with matching blush buttons is all kinds of right.
1. Faux Fur Jacket ($60): Cozy, soft and just plain irresistible — you will want to sleep in this one.
2. Phoebe Faux Fur Coat ($80): Dress yourself in brown boots and brown faux fur, and you’ll look like a bear. Wear this navy faux fur coat, and you’ll look chic. We swear!
3. Fairy Floss Faux Fur Coat ($88): The blush trend is everywhere! And this little number is giving us mad cravings for cotton candy in the best way possible.
4. Yazmin Faux Fur Jacket ($92): Drape yourself in Pantone-approved-for-fall cypress green.
5. Cinched Faux Fur Jacket ($80): If the whole faux fur thing leaves you feeling like a wolly mammoth, try this cinched coat. The emphasis on your waist will remind you that you are in fact a woman and not a gorilla.
The Leather Look
3. Denver Jacket ($98): This pleather jacket serves as a happy medium between fall and winter, when you should probably put on a heavier coat but just aren’t ready yet.
4. Textured Woven Coat ($60): Again, that balance between classic and edgy — this one hits the right note.
5. Kailynn PU Sleeve and Woollen Biker Jacket ($62): Faux leather, moto style AND color blocking? YASSSS, please!
Reinventing Classic Prints
1. Patterned Coat ($60): Leopard print is everything, and by “everything” we mean fierce.
2. New Look Check Colarless Coat ($95): If you’ve got a thing for scarves you should pick up this look ASAP. When your scarf isn’t fighting with your coat’s lapel, you can focus on mixing prints.
4. Only Floral Scuba Bomber Jacket ($53): A floral bomber jacket will be a fabulous choice when it’s still mysteriously 72 degrees outside.
5. The Ragged Priest Reworked Vintage Bomber Jacket ($95): Stay tough through all of fall’s fickle weather changes with this army-inspired bomber jacket in camo print.
Would you wear these trends for this price? Which trend is your favorite? Tell us in the comments below!