When you think of sangria, fall might not be the first thing that comes to mind. While it is typically a summertime drink, sangria is the perfect light cocktail for an early afternoon party any day of the year. All you need is your favorite kind of wine (red, white or rosé), fruit and sparkling soda or flavored liqueur (or both!) to get a delicious drink to take all your end-of-summer blues away. Whichever you choose, just know that the longer you allow the fruit to float in the wine mixture, the better. Here are 10 sangria recipes that are just right for fall.
1. Blushing Berry Sangria: White Zinfandel and peach-flavored sparkling water keep this recipe light and refreshing for those early fall afternoons. Press raspberries through a fine mesh strainer and discard the seeds before topping with a few whole berries before serving. (via Friday Is Cake Night)
2. White Cranberry Sangria: This drink may look tame, but the combination of rum, Chardonnay and white cranberry juice make it enough for a daytime party, but with just enough kick to keep it going all night long. (via The Kitchn)
3. Cherry, Blueberry, Apple Sangria: More like a fruit salad in a glass, this sangria is filled to the brim with goodness. Dial up the sweetness with extra agave, or follow the recipe verbatim. Either way, you’ll be going back for more. (via The Roasted Root)
4. Orange Brandy Sangria: Using brown sugar in the simple syrup vs. the white stuff brings this cocktail right into fall. Load up your pitcher with thin orange slices and serve over ice. A mint garnish is like the cherry on top. (via Brit + Co)
5. Pomegranate, Orange and Apple Sangria: Make this bright orange beverage ahead of time and the intense flavors of blood orange and cinnamon will have time to marinate and infuse themselves into every last drop. But if you’re pressed for time, it’s also delicious on day one. (via The Roasted Root)
6. Cinnamon Peach Sangria: Talk about an award-winning combination! Pro Tip: Coat the rim of your glasses with a blend of cinnamon and sugar for an extra dose of sweetness in every sip. (via Pretty Plain Janes)
7. White Honey Crisp Sangria: This sangria starts with a simple syrup made from lemon juice and honey that is later added to white wine. Thinly sliced sweet and sour apples and oranges make this one drink you won’t mind sipping on during a sunny fall afternoon. (via Salt and Wind)
8. Blackberry Vodka Sangria: An easy blackberry simple syrup and blackberry-flavored vodka make this sangria stand out among the rest. Garnish with a slice of lime for a dash of tartness and sip away. (via Snappy Gourmet)
9. Apple Cider Sangria: Fall’s favorite drink (next to the PSL) has turned into a full-bodied sangria. When deciding to splurge on either the apple cider or the wine, the flavors of high-quality apple cider win every time. (via Lexi’s Clean Kitchen)
10. Blood Orange Sangria: If you can’t get enough of those blood oranges, this one is for you. From the blood orange zest and sugar on the rim to the juice mixed in with the brandy and Pinot Grigio, this citrusy concoction is just plain delicious. (via How Sweet Eats)
How do you like your sangria? Do you plan on trying any of these fall recipes? Leave us a comment and let us know!