Good and bad news for holiday shopping lovers (who does’t love shopping?). First, the good news: The fall/winter season is jam-packed with fashion collaborations that are full of unexpected, outrageous and out-of-the-box items that will seriously blow your mind. Now, for the bad news: You should have started saving last year, because all of these mashups are so awesome, you’re going to want at least one piece from each collection. Just scroll down, and you see what we mean.
1. H&M and Eddy Anemian: The 25-year-old H&M Design Award winner Eddy Anemian’s line is all about drama and flare. Look at this gorgeous floral cut-and-construct maxi skirt. And that silhouette! It looks crazy expensive, but is far from it. The prices range from $30 to $349. The collection was released last week, and pieces are going fast.
2. MAC and Nasty Gal: MAC is trying to take on Target for the title of best collab company. This season, MAC teamed up with Nasty Gal’s Sophia Amoruso for holiday-ready lipsticks and nail polish. The three sassy-hued lipsticks are what to wear to your holiday party. The line is set to release on December 4th.
3. Adidas Originals by Mary Katrantzou: Adidas and who? It’s Mary Katrantzou. She’s a Greek fashion designer who often shows her collections at London Fashion Week. This collab line is a technicolor lover’s dream. Runway quality is translated into sporty language with pullovers in neoprene and print mesh with abstract floral pattern. The products will hit store shelves on November 15th.
4. Cara Delevingne and Mulberry: Cara D’s backpack collection has been in the spotlight since the last London Fashion Week back in February. Cara was not just putting her name on something; she was actually involved with the designing process of creating stylish bags that are super practical. The good news is Cara’s bags are already here, available at Mulberry stores and on online.
5. Y’s x Dr. Martens: After their first pairing success back in spring 2013, Yamamoto’s Y’s and Dr. Martens collaborate once again. This time, the 10-hole boots got a new edgy look with white snake skin. Boots come in white, black and cherry red. You’ll be able to see them IRL in November. (via Hypebeast)
6. Gap x Visionaire: This project between Gap and fashion magazine Visionaire features silk-screened, digital and photo-printed t-shirts and sweatshirts. The images and artworks on the products are from past issues of Visionaire. The new collection is available through select Gap stores. Past collections are available on Opening Ceremony. (via The Cut)
7. Karl Lagerfeld x Choupette: If you happen to be a fashionista who loves cats, this collection should go on your wish list right away. Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld and his feline friend, Choupette, have created this purrrrfect collab line. (via Brit + Co)
8. Cara Delevingne for DKNY: Cara D. launched another collection this month, this time with DKNY. It’s a 15-piece capsule collection filled with sporty and urban onesies, bras and T-shirts. You can’t get much more “very-Cara” than that. In fact, she penned her own press release. Shout out loud with hashtag #CaraD4DKNY if you are dying to have some of it. The collection is already here, and the prices range from $70 to $375.
9. Angelina Jolie for Christian Louboutin: Wait. Christian Louboutin is teaming up with, believe it or not, Angelina Jolie. The pair created this stunning piece of art, inspired by Jolie’s character from Maleficent. The sculpted wedge with smoke-like heel makes these shoes stand out from the crowds. Pre-ordering has already started at Christian Louboutin boutiques in New York and California.
10. Adidas Originals by Rita Ora: British singer Rita Ora has arrived to conquer the fashion world by designing her own sporty line for Adidas. The collection features two series — “Rose Pack” and “Spray Pack.” Both series include apparel, shoes and accessories that are edgy and bright. Get your hands on this rose-covered track jacket. The prices range from $30 to $500 and will be available for purchase on November 1st.
11. Jil Sander x Uniqlo: Uniqlo is bringing back Jil Sander to deliver the best of the best basics ever. The ultimate basics line include 40 men’s and women’s button-down shirts, cashmere sweaters and down jackets. The collection is already available for purchase and is going so fast. Get your shopping done at the online store!
12. Alexander Wang and H&M: Without a doubt, this is the most talked-about collaboration this fall. It’s #ALEXANDERWANGxHM. The athletic pieces are workout-ready and may find themselves making their way into your #ootd staples. The highly anticipated collection will hit stores on November 7th. It’s almost guaranteed the online store will explode that day.
13. Givenchy x Nike for Air Force 1: Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci has created this sleek beige footwear line from Nike Air Force 1. High-fashion sneakers have never been so simple and approachable because of Tisci’s love of Air Force 1. You don’t even need to wait for this latest Air Force 1 release. It’s already available online.
14. Coach and Peanuts: Coach and Peanuts tied the knot for what might be the most unexpected line ever. This limited-edition lineup flaunts Coach’s signature satchels, sturdy duffel bags, crossbodies and portfolio clutches, all embossed with Peanuts characters. The Peanuts collection is now available, so hurry to the stores!
15. Louis Vuitton + Christian Louboutin + Cindy Sherman + Frank Gehry + Karl Lagerfeld + Marc Newson + Rei Kawakubo: This is hands-down the most outrageous collaborations ever. To celebrate the 160th year anniversary of LV’s founding, the brand decided to celebrate the house’s iconic monogram. By doing so, six well-known design pioneers took the monogram bags and interpreted completely new monogram bags. Some of them literally burned, destroyed and made holes on classic monogram bags. (We are talking Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons). Each creation represents characteristics of its designer.
Which collaboration are you eyeing? Did any of them make it to your wish list? Tell us in the comments below.