DIYs are good year-round, but especially where holidays are concerned. And with St. Patrick’s Day weekend, we’re in full force around here — everything from trendy outfits that you can wear to parties to green cocktails. But maybe you prefer (or someone you know prefers) drawing. Maybe one of you took our character illustration class and just couldn’t get enough. ;) Whatever your interests, we’ve got you covered in our CLASSES SECTION. If cartoons and characters tickle your fancy, head on over there and sign up for our FASHION ILLUSTRATION class.
In THIS FASHIONABLE CLASS, you’ll learn how to draw stylistic figures and poses, turn pattern and fabric images into illustrations, and create an art piece inspired by street style and fashion trends.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- COPIC CIAO BRUSH TIP MARKERS (BLACK, GRAY, SKIN TONE, HAIR COLOR, & TWO COLORS FOR THE OUTFIT): “Ciao 24pc Basic Set. Scores of anime, manga, and comics artists as well as landscape, product, architecture, and fashion designers prefer Copic markers because of their ultra-blendable, low odor, alcohol-based inks. Unlike water-based inks, which tend to pill and oversoak the paper while blending, Copics mix on the surface to deliver the wonderfully rich blends they’re known for. This outstanding performance has distinguished Copic markers as the celebrated coloring tool within professional, semi-professional, and hobby circles alike.”
- FINE POINT BLACK MARKERS – SIZE 01, 03, 05 (MICRON): “When accuracy, minute details, and preservation count, the unparalleled archival quality of Pigma micron pens makes them everyone’s first choice. Artist, writers, and illustrators reach for Pigma micron and know their work is safeguarded with the permanence of Pigma ink. Experience smooth, skip-free writing and crisp ink colors that leave consistent lettering and lines every time. It has achieved universal appeal and is carried by technical professionals, artists and crafters like anthropologists, entomologists, scientists, research laboratories, archivists, architects, professional diamond cutters, cartoonists, manga and anime artists, illustrators, heirloom quilters, and decorative fabric artists. Features archival quality ink for use in acid-free environments, chemically stable, waterproof, fade resistant, no smears, feathers or bleed-through on most papers. Applicable for graphic art, scrapbook, archival recording, pen and ink illustrations, freehand art, rubber stamps, cartooning, and fabric design.”
- WHITE SHARPIE PAINT MARKER: “Oil-based opaque paint markers mark on light and dark surface. Use on virtually any surface: Metal, pottery, wood, rubber, glass, plastic, stone, and more. Quick drying.”
- MIX MEDIA PAPER PAD (CANSON): “The Canson Foundation Mix Media pad is perfect for all of your mixed media needs. Ideal for the beginner, hobbyist, crafter, or price conscious artist.”
- ADOBE PHOTOSHOP: Need access to this program? Brit + Co students get exclusive perks, like 20 percent off of a Creative Cloud Photography Membership. Woot!
So stock up on your supplies today and get started on making your own fashion designs. Get the creative skills with our FASHION ILLUSTRATION class.
If you don’t have anyone to gift the class to or if you do but you also want to snag it for yourself, go ahead — we won’t tell ;) Once you purchase one of our ONLINE CLASSES, it’s yours for keeps. No expiration or “best by” dates!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.