Pinterest, wedding magazines, and bridal salons are the first places most brides turn to start gathering wedding day outfit inspo — and with good reason. They’re jam-packed with styling tips and offer a thorough glimpse into the wide, wide world of wedding dresses. But they’re not the only spots you should be looking to for your “I do’s.” The runway is a great jumping off point to start curating a killer bridal look — the makeup, the hair, the accessories, and, of course, the dresses exude RN appeal. Scroll on for 14 gorgeous — and unexpected — dress ideas straight from the catwalk.
1. Caped in Glory: When in doubt, put a cape on it. A statement topper a la Oday Shakar can instantly take even the most understated satin gown into red carpet-ready territory. Switch up your look from ceremony to reception by wearing an ethereal cape for your “I do’s,” then swapping it out for a statement shoulder necklace for the dance floor. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
2. Bohemian Dream: Leave it to Zimmermann to create the free-spirited frock of our dreams. Lace layered over floral fabric calls to mind a sunny afternoon spent frolicking in fields full of wildflowers, while an asymmetric neckline and high-low hem weave in a hint of subtle edge. For a totally unexpected look, ditch the classic pumps in favor of OTK boots and pop on a pair of statement hoops. (Photo via Fernanda Calfat/Getty)
3. Ballet Beautiful: Dance your way down the aisle in layers of ethereal blue tulle (the dream). Do your best My Fair Lady by styling this dreamy Carolina Herrera number alongside a romantic updo, pearl drops, and classic ankle-strap heels. Retro birdcage veils come highly recommended. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
4. Beaded Beauty: If there’s one thing Jenny Packham knows how to do, it’s to create a show-stopping gown. Trimmed in pearl and crystal embellishments, this semi-sheer stunner is no exception. The ultra glam number would feel right at home at a swanky uptown affair, dramatic chapel-length veil and all. (Photo via Estrop/Getty)
5. Painterly Stripes: Ball gowns and lace aren’t your thing — and that’s totally cool. Oscar de la Renta has the perfect piece for you. Painterly stripes and a midi-length are guaranteed to set your look apart. The only thing missing? Sculptural drop earrings and a pair of souped-up steppers. (Photo via Peter White/Getty)
6. Classy Color Blocking: Who says minimalism has to be boring? This ruffle-trimmed gown from Marchesa is incredibly feminine and undeniably cool (not to mention, we’re kind of obsessed with that bow!). This stunner — which would be perfect for an upscale urban venue — calls for classic black sandals, chandelier earrings, and a sleek topknot. Cheers, dahhhling. (Photo via Estrop/Getty)
7. Chic Straight Up: If the thought of getting gussied up has you running for the hills, a sleek and simple gown like this strapless Ryan Roche design is the perfect compromise. It’s fuss-free and modern, yet exudes timeless appeal — which will appease opinionated mothers and grandmas. (Photo via Victor Virgile/Gamma-Rapho/Getty)
8. Go for Gold: You glam goddess, you. Whether you’re planning a blowout bash with a Gatsby theme or an intimate occasion laced with old Hollywood glamour, this Ralph Lauren gown is the one you want by your side. Skip the veil and pair it instead with a luxe diadem to properly assert yourself as queen for the day. All that’s left to do is pop the Champagne and hit the dance floor. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
9. Pretty in Pink: Looking for something a little different? Introducing the Badgley Mischka gown that will send your inner circle and Insta following into a frenzy. In lieu of blush satin or tulle, pink jacquard blooms lend this sexy-yet-sophisticated gown a one-of-a-kind flair. A lush flower crown and romantic beach waves will give the look a bohemian vibe, while a ravishing Baroque headpiece and embellished choker will infuse your “I do” duds with a decidedly regal feel. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
10. Free-Spirited Femme: Zimmermann did it again. Layers of frills, lace, and polka dots are calling for a beach and bare feet or a desert chic soiree complete with dinner and dancing under the stars. Bohemian brides, apply here. (Photo via Fernanda Calfat/Getty)
11. Bedazzled Babe: The aisle is your catwalk, girl, so best be bringing your A-game. The prospect should be no problem with this striking Jonathan Simkhai gown on hand. A dress of this caliber calls for pared down accessories that allow the intricate details to take center stage. (Photo via Estrop/Getty)
12. ’40s Fabulous: Take your bridal look down the throwback path a la Brandon Maxwell with a body-skimming silhouette that highlights all of your best assets. The pleated sleeves are positively magnetic and are what give the getup its innate old world charm. Go straight into the heart of the era with Ginger Rogers-approved pin curls and a siren-red lip. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
13. Goddess Vibes: You’ll capitalize on any opportunity to rock head-to-toe sequins, and your wedding day is as good of an excuse as any. A far cry from the expected lace A-line, Pamella Roland’s sequin-studded sheath is about as wow-worthy as it gets. Pull out all the stops with an opulent tiara and bold berry lipstick to snag the title of Best Dressed Bride of 2017. (Photo via Peter White/WireImage)
14. Divine Design: This pretty pleated number by Carmen Marc Valvo is incredibly versatile. For the ceremony, style it up with a gilded hairpiece and a statement cuff, then throw an embellished belt into the mix for the reception. Party approved. (Photo via Estrop/Getty)
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!