You know warm-weather season has arrived when you find yourself craving fish over the heartier comforts of slow-cooker stews. And that’s a good thing, because not only is the protein healthy, but it’s quick and easy when you go the route of parchment recipes — or, in French, “en papillote.” Almost any food can be baked in a parchment pouch, but it’s an especially tasty method for steaming seafood alongside veggies and aromatic herbs. Here are 13 fish en papillote recipes that will have you saying YES to fish for dinner, armed with nothing more fancy than your toaster oven.
1. Fish en Papillote With Asparagus, Tomatoes, and Herbs: You can’t go wrong by choosing a rainbow of veggies to pair alongside a flaky fish. (via Haggen Northwest Fresh)
2. Cod en Papillote With Potatoes, Asparagus, and Scallion Pistoud: This recipe cooks the fish and vegetables perfectly, leaving the asparagus with a little bit of crunch to balance out the cod. But it’s the scallion, garlic, lemon, and EEOO sauce that’s the real star of this show. (via A Better Happier St. Sebastian)
3. Citrus Scallops en Papillote With Herb Emulsion: Here we have another tasty herb sauce that really makes this dish special. Fennel and anise add a bit of sweetness, while the addition of grapefruit gives it all a nice zing. (via Salt and Wind)
4. Fish Puttanesca en Papillote With Zucchini: Parchment cooking makes entertaining easy when you’ve got friends dropping by. Not only is cooking and cleanup a breeze, but it’s fun to see everyone open their own little packet. (via Williams Sonoma)
5. Tuna en Papillote With Italian Salsa Verde: Cooking en papillote may sound fancy, but it’s incredibly easy and customizable, so you can use what you have on hand. This recipe calls for a splash of white wine, but you could substitute vermouth or a squeeze of lemon or lime juice and it will be just as tasty. (via Lexi Bites)
7. Shrimp, Bok Choy, and Noodles en Papillote: If you’re thinking a bit of carbs would be nice to soak up all the seafood juices, add some soaked or precooked noodles right into your packets. (via Seasons and Suppers)
13. Mediterranean Cod en Papillote: This recipe calls for a dry rub of herbs and spices that makes every bite of fish as tasty as the last. Pro tip: Seal the edges of your parchment paper with an egg wash to keep in the steam and your fish will turn out extra flakey every time. (via Killing Thyme)
If you’re always looking for easy, healthy recipes, follow us on Pinterest for more.