The Fourth of July holiday comes around only once a year. You already have all of your party plans ready and your Fourth of July fashion all lined up, but there’s still one thing missing from the menu: a truly spectacular dessert. Of course, the BEST Independence Day desserts come equipped with one gorgeous symbol: the American flag. From cake pops to Rice Krispies Treats to a sweet dessert pizza, these 13 flag cakes are the most patriotic way to sweeten up your holiday. Now all you need is some ice cream to top it with, and you’re set!
1. No-Bake Patriotic Cake: Spending no time in the kitchen on a hot July day is pretty much ideal, isn’t it? Use the freshest berries you can find to decorate the top of this super simple cake. (via Mommy’s Kitchen)
2. American Flag Rice Krispie Treat: Everyone loves Rice Krispies Treats, and these flag-inspired beauties are no different. Take the whole big treat to the party, then cut it into bite-sized pieces for the crowd. (via Two Sisters Crafting)
3. Patriotic Pops: Cake pops are the way to go if you’re looking for a dessert that will be enjoyed by even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, how adorable are all of these? You might want to make a double batch. We’re just saying. (via Bee in Our Bonnet)
4. Mini Flag Layer Cakes: These red velvet-style cakes are an easy way to serve up flags this July Fourth weekend. They may be a little time consuming, but it’ll be well worth it when you bite into them. (via Erica’s Sweet Tooth)
5. Red White and Blue Fruit Skewers With Cheesecake Yogurt Dip: If you want a dessert that’s a people-pleaser but also not loaded with calories, then look no further. The fruit on the skewers make this a delightful yet low-calorie treat! (via Skinnytaste)
6. Red White + Blue Fruit Pizza: A dessert pizza might not be what people will expect, but it will surely please everyone. For an extra special bonus, find the freshest raspberries at the local farmers’ market and wait for everyone to dig in! (via Skinnytaste)
7. Summer Berry Cheesecake Pie: Cheesecake and berries go together like chocolate and… well, pretty much everything else. Even though this sweet doesn’t have chocolate, you’ll fall in love with this summer pie combo. (via Kraft)
8. American Flag Layer Cake: For the truly crafty Martha wannabe, this layer cake is a dream come true. Get ready for an afternoon of sweet crafting to finish this baby. But when you’re done, NOBODY will be left unimpressed. (via SugarHero)
9. Lemon Chiffon Berry Flag Cake With Mini Meringues: Fresh dollops of mini meringues add a special touch to this lemon chiffon cake. Between the intriguing flavors, the juicy berries and the crunchy meringues, guests will be left asking for seconds… and thirds. (via The Judy Lab)
10. Red, White and Blue Poke Cake: Poke cake is a classic dessert any day of the week, but this extra special Americana-inspired option is simply perfect for the Fourth of July. Sliced strawberries and simple blueberries make the perfect topping for this moist delicacy. (via Betty Crocker)
11. Buttercream Stars and Stripes 4th of July Cake: You’ll feel like a true master baker after crafting this gorgeous buttercream cake. And don’t worry if you mess up and have to eat the leftovers — we won’t tell anyone. (via Erin Bakes)
12. American Flag Cake: This easy how-to guide will give you step-by-step instructions on crafting your very own American flag cake. As a bonus, you can decorate the top with fresh blueberries and raspberries for an extra red, white and blue effect. (via Food52)
13. American Flag Ruffle Cake: Piping beautiful ruffles on a cake can be an extremely satisfying task. If you’ve never tried this technique, then here’s your chance. Break out the baked goods and get started, because this gorgeous cake won’t be around for long. (via Sprinkled With Jules)
Which delicious dessert will you make this July Fourth? For more sweets, follow us on Pinterest.