That music festival staple, the flower crown, isn’t the only way to sport flowers in your hair; this season’s hottest hair trend is all about tucking blooms into your summer braids. The ethereal style can be worn loose for a pretty everyday ‘do, but it’s fancy enough for walking down the aisle too. Brides (and just plain goddesses), take note of these nine dreamy #hairspiration ideas for making summer occasions look Pinterest-perfect.
1. Dutch Flower Braid: After creating your Dutch braid, add flowers throughout the pretty plait. Soften the look by leaving out face-framing pieces and loosening the braid by gently tugging on the loops. (via Stacy Keck/Green Wedding Shoes)
2. Rainbow Flower Braid: Incorporate a variety of different-colored blooms for a whimsical effect. Think: Rapunzel’s magical flower-embedded braid in Tangled.
3. Pops of Bold Color: Create a dramatic look with a bold pop of color surrounded by neutrals. The deep burgundy flower braid adds glamour to any special occasion. (via Honey Honey Photography/Style Me Pretty)
4. Floral Fishtail: You can’t go wrong with bright white and yellow daisies. The cheery flowers exude a happy feeling that’s perfect for summer — and a good background vibe for a joyous wedding. (via Kassinka)
5. Flower Fishtail Braid: The fishtail style is all about the luscious look, so keep your braiding on the looser side. Place large blooms near the top where the braid begins, leaving the lower end of the ‘do unadorned so everyone can admire the fancy details. (via Stacy Keck/Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Double Fishtail Braid: Though the blooms in the braid featured above are actually embedded in a hair extension, you can achieve a similar look by pinning flowers into your hair after finishing the braid. Or you can experiment with other accent strands, such as ribbons, metallic string and hair jewels. (via Kassinka)
7. White Flowers: Evoke the spirit of a Grecian goddess with white flowers against an all-white ensemble. The cascade of leaves provides a touch of woodland beauty. (via Honey Honey Photography/Style Me Pretty)
8. Boho Chic Braid: Inspired by seasonal plants, this bride’s braid incorporated tiny waxflower blooms and pink pepper berries. For a similarly effortless look, keep the braid fairly loose and randomly place your flowers into it. (via Anna Roussos Photography/Style Me Pretty)
9. Dutch Braids With Flowers: On the other hand, if you appreciate a cleaner look, consider this meticulously braided hairstyle. To create this refined ‘do, make tight Dutch braids and equally space out your choice of flowers.
Which style of floral braid inspires you? For more beauty trends, be sure to check us out on Pinterest!