This weekend is all about Mom. Obviously, a bouquet of Mother’s Day flowers can’t even begin to repay Mom for everything she’s done for you, but this weekend is your chance to really treat your #1 lady to something special. Even though Mom will love anything you make (it’s kind of a motherhood requirement), it’s nice to put a little extra effort into her big day and DIY the perfect present to show how much you appreciate her. Check out these 11 quick and easy Mother’s Day gift ideas and earn “best child” award with a true token of gratitude this weekend. In your face, bro.
1. DIY Marble Leather Bag: Remember when you were little and tried to raid Mom’s closet for the perfect accessory? Pay her back for all the sweaters you lost with an amazing leather bag that she can use all year round. This DIY is inexpensive enough, you can make one for her and a matching one for yourself. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Holographic Vase: Rather than settling for a plain florist vase, jazz up that bouquet with a bold holographic makeover. The colors are soft and pastel, which is ideal for any existing decor scheme, but the shimmer is on point. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. DIY Embroidered Pillow: Treat Mom and her couch to the coolest throw pillow ever. Check out our Embroidery Online Class ($37, class + kit), then put your new embroidery skills to work spelling out your adoration for Mom. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Dip Dye Tea Towels: If some of your best memories with Mom happened in the kitchen, treat her to a brand new set of kitchen towels. Since that store-bought set just won’t do, dip plain white towels into her favorite color for an extra personal touch. (via Little Town Life)
5. DIY Printable Party Hats: Party time — excellent! Make sure everyone has something awesome to wear on their heads. Make these printable hats covered in Mom’s fave fruit: pineapples, obviously. (via Make and Tell)
6. DIY Brushstroke Circle Scarf: A scarf is a great go-to gift, but you can make it a million times cooler with this easy brushstroke effect. And if you’re feeling especially thoughtful, you could even add a quick embroidered DIY to remind Mom why you’re her favorite child. (via The Effortless Chic)
7. DIY Anthro Hack Planters: If Mom loves gardening, treat her green thumb to a set of pretty planters. Perk up plain planters with this easy Mod Podge effect and get the Anthro look for a fraction of the cost. Mom will be so proud. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Tassel Keychain: Saving your Mother’s Day gift shopping for the weekend of isn’t ideal, but you can whip together this colorful tassel keychain in less than an hour. She can use it on her keys, her purse zippers or even her cat’s new fave toy. On that note, maybe make a few so she doesn’t have to choose. (via Brit + C0)
10. DIY Free Printable Mother’s Day Cards: Finding the perfect card for Mom can be a huge challenge, especially when you’ve got the coolest mom ever. Make her laugh with one of these hilarious and totally on-point cards that you can print off and give immediately. (via Studio DIY)
11. DIY Rainbow Taper Candle Holder: Here’s a centerpiece idea that looks just as pretty unlit as it does when it’s burning. Set it up for a party, but be prepared to see it on her table the rest of the summer. (via Sugar & Cloth)
We want to see what projects you’re working on this weekend! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative.