You came home to hot meals every night while growing up and your friends swear that your mom is related to Julia Child, Alice Waters and Ina Garten. When you go to Paris, she’s more concerned with the restaurant lineup then seeing the Mona Lisa or the Eiffel Tower. It’s official. You’ve got a foodie mom on your hands. And for the leading feeding lady in your life, we’ve got a Mother’s Day gift guide to all things food related. She’ll be so pleased with any of these picks that she’ll be inspired to whip up your favorite homemade pasta as a thank you. See, we’re always thinking of you.
1. Milk Bottle Measuring Cups ($24): Measuring cups that she’d actually want to keep on the counter? Yup. Made of new bone china, these look like a vintage milk bottle and open up to reveal brightly color-lined cups.
2. Apolis Market Bag ($58): Get mom a perfect tote for her trips to the store or farmers’ market. Waterproof-lined and sporting antique rivets and vegetable-dyed leather straps, the bag provides employment for women in Northern Bangladesh where the jute is harvested. If your mom has big love for the city she lives in or if you want to send love from your city, the totes are available with a variety of city names hand-stamped on them.
3. Bread + Wine by Shauna Niequist ($11): Shauna Niequist writes about the value of food, community and nourishing the soul in this funny and spiritual memoir complete with recipes. For another community-focused cookbook, we really can’t get enough of The Kinfolk Table: Recipes for Small Gatherings.
4. Gather Journal ($20): Does your mom like to keep it fresh and seasonal? What she needs is a subscription to a recipe-driven magazine with wonderful photography and design.
5. Good Eggs Food Delivery: Put together a Good Eggs gift bag for your mom and introduce her to the online ordering/free home delivery company. Like an online farmers market, Good Eggs offers food from local farmers and food makers with a beautiful online menu. Currently, Good Eggs’ service is available in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Brooklyn and New Orleans.
6. Fallen Quills Dishtowel ($18): For the free spirit foodie, a plumin’ pretty dishtowel. Gift it on its own, or wrap another little prezzie in the towel and make it a two-for-one deal.
7. DIY Breakfast in Bed: DIY breakfast essentials include eggs-in-a-hole, fresh berries. OJ, coffee/tea, handwritten notes, a small vase with flowers, champagne and any other special items all served on a tray! (via The Vivant)
8. Custom Cutting Board ($38): Every time she’s chopping away, remind her — she’s one woman that is beyond awesome.
9. Cuisine Tablet Recipe Holder ($35): Mom might not fully get the dancing woman emoji, and sure, she writes private messages to you as her Facebook status, but one thing she totally gets is how to use her tablet in the kitchen. Show her how she can make better use of it and save it from spills and messes by lending her a stand.
10. Farmers’ Market Basket ($20): They scream summertime, and we think would be best gifted with her favorite homemade item in them. How about a fresh-out-of-the-oven batch of scones, made with love, by you.
11 Cereal Magazine ($20): One more visually stunning reading option to add to the list. Cereal is a quarterly magazine focused on food and travel curated by contributors from all around the world.
12. Babycakes Waffle Maker ($30): Heart-shaped waffles on a stick with powdered sugar! Show your mom how much you heart her… heck, you could even make some for her breakfast in bed and then gift her the maker!
13. Ice Milk Placemats ($35): Foodies gotta have placemats! Neutral placemats serve as a blank slate to colorful tableware and accessories, and the 100% linen placemats come packaged in rustic kraft “market bags” tied with a red string!
Got a foodie mom? What will you be gifting her this Mother’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!