You can’t go wrong with a classic French mani: the simple pearled tip is a timeless formal look. And while it’s our go-to for special occasions and black tie events, we’ve been on the hunt for ways to reinvent this elegant nail art staple into a style that’s more universally wearable. Well, we’re stoked to report that there is such a thing as an everyday French mani—check out these 12 totally fresh takes on the French tip.
2. Wavy French Tips: Squiggly shaped patterns are having a moment on garments of all kinds, and we have to say, the amorphous design translates nicely into nail art. It’s a funky pattern that feels both sporty and artsy. (via Chalkboard Nails)
5. Linear Equation Mani: Nail this sleek look with the help of thin striping tape. Paint a base coat, add the strips, brush on a contrast color, and rip the tape away to get this classy two-toned mani. (via Brit + Co.)
9. Asymmetrical French Tip: We’re obsessed with this striped-down geo mani that turns an imperfect, asymmetrical swipe into something truly stunning. If you ask us, it’s nail art perfection. (via Paula’s Choice)
10. Mirrored Moon Mani: Whoever decided to add matching French tips to a killer half moon mani is a legit beauty genius. Whether you’re rocking it to date night or to the office, you simply can’t go wrong with this look. (via Beautylish)
11. Color Block French Mani: Behold: the color block French mani! This hypnotic nail art design is fairly intricate, but definitely worth the effort if you’re looking to make a bold statement. (via So Nailicious)
12. V-Shaped French Tip Nails: Here’s another gorgeous way to rock a geo mani. These v-shaped nails are the delightful result of when a tribal-inspired pattern gets a minimalistic makeover. (via Nail Art Pretties)
Do you have any “hot tips” for us? Are there any new nail arty trends we just have to know about? Tell us in the comments below.