You can’t think about French girl style without thinking about a striped tee. So, the wardrobe basic, along with easy jeans and a bright red lip, has become something of a uniform for whenever you want to channel their signature chic, effortless vibe. This week’s outfit inspiration is about finding next-level ways to style those stripes with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs for tips on new ways to wear the banded number guaranteed to get that all-coveted je ne sais quoi.
1. @itsmacailahmaxwell: Style blogger Macailah nails French-level cool with just one accessory: a denim jacket. Slip it on over stripes or toss it over your shoulder, and you’ll instantly feel fresh and springy.
2. @sixfeetwithheels: Keep cozy while looking totally chic by mixing casual staples like your striped tee and harem pants with luxe accessories. Besides the lace-up sandals and leather bag, style blogger Ashley makes the outfit with not one, but two gold cuff bracelets, a warrior-woman look that’s a must-try this season.
3. @mixtfashion: We’re used to the flawless combination of a moto jacket and our trusty striped tee, but fashion blogger Laura just earned all the style points by pairing it with a suede fringe coat. The combo is totally unexpected, and somehow feels even more effortless than the tried-and-true leather styling.
4. @styleonfriday: Style blogger My turns the entire trend on its head with her striped trouser look, and it’s the definition of classy cool. Not only are the tailored pants elegant themselves, they also seem totally versatile: we can picture them, along with the rest of her dressy outfit, paired with either strappy pumps or slip-on sneakers.
5. @lucitisima: Style blogger Lucita elevates a simple striped sweatshirt by pairing it with a voluminous circle skirt, creating a glamorously oversized silhouette with two pieces you’d never think would play nice together. Take the same kind of style risk with your slouchy banded tee and full midi skirt.
6. @tuulavintage: Embrace the power clash like fashion blogger Jessica and go for a stripes on stripes when you’re feeling bold. While this eye-catching combo may look tricky, it’s not: simply choose two garments with stripes of various widths for epic outfit results.
7. @luxeandlinen: We appreciate someone who truly commits to a look, and here, style blogger Eda goes full-on French girl. No detail is overlooked, from the tomboy hat to the vintage-feeling sunnies to the bedhead curls to the posh backback — you can’t help but think “Who’s that girl?” Clearly, she’s earned her stripes.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.