When Blake Livey regrams you, you know it’s going to be a good day. Freshly Framed is an illustration Instagramer, making watercolor replicas of our dream closet, one bootie, jacket and watch at a time. One of the more recent posts was a painting of Blake Lively’s much-adored Tamiami Trail Trench Cloak from Preserve that we are also totally obsessed with. When the Gossip Girl herself caught wind of the ‘gram, she posted some love herself, and we’re guessing these illustrators are now one step closer to art fame.
They’re definitely on to something. In fact, maybe we’ll just line our closets with these paintings of iconic, pricey pieces instead of dishing out for the real thing. Here are some of the fashion finds we’re swooning over.
1. Preserve, Tamiami Trail Trench Cloak ($1,350): If this bright tribal cloak isn’t a statement, we don’t know what is. With all the colors, how could Freshly Framed resist making a painting of it? Whether or not you’re sporting a baby bump, we think this is the perfect thing to add some pizzazz to your outerwear.
2. Cartier Ballon Bleu de Cartier Watch ($5,950): It’s a classic for a reason. This traditional watch classes up any look. The painted Cartier captures the timeless shape of the real thing, with enough personality to look like it has a story.
3. Proenza Schouler PS11 Classic Leather Shoulder Bag ($1,950): Well, this is the bag of our dreams. Gold accents. Modern shape. If only it really came in watercolor gray.
4. Nike Air Max 90 Premium ($120): If you didn’t know, now you know: This is the year of the sneaker. You can’t go wrong with an all-white classic, and Freshly Framed didn’t go wrong. They inked each stitch, lace and swoosh.
5. Acne Studios, Velocite black Jacket ($2,800): You had us at “asymmetrical zipper.” This is hardware done right, and those metallic and military details are what makes the painting so edgy.
6. Vintage Chanel Sunglasses ($6,500): The ’60s called, and we’re never giving their sunglasses back. You’d look like an instant movie star in these iconic specs, brilliantly recreated in paint.
7. Saint Laurent, Babies 40 Central Cut Bootie in Pink Metallic Glitter Fabric ($1,145): These modest go-go boots are proof that glitter is always appropriate. Speck by speck, Freshly Framed painted a tribute to these beauties with just as much sparkle and shine.
8. Alexander Wang x H&M Top ($40): This piece we actually could own. In fact, we’re going to go get one right now. This is the sportiest sports bra we’ve seen, and it’s making us think we can do so much more in it than yoga.
Which is your favorite piece from Freshly Framed? Let us know in the comments!