Ice and snow have been slamming much of the United States, and it’s getting way past the point of snowman contests and snowball fights. The freezing state of things has people stranded at home and no doubt going stir crazy. Even Mother Nature herself has been caught frigidly frozen in time. Save your toes from frostbite and catch up on this epic weather through Instagram, with these 15 snow-tastic photos.
3. Reluctant Pug: This pup, on the other hand, doesn’t look like he’s amused by the snow whatsoever. Probably because he’s in Texas, and he’s thinking, “I didn’t move to Texas for this white stuff.” (via @dkk5685)
7. Really Chill Waves: In Nantucket, they’re calling this the “Slurpee Swell.” The icy waves were rolling in slow motion, making it super convenient to capture epic pics… but not so great for surfing. (via @surfersvillage)
8. Chill Grill: This looks like an art installation, but it’s in fact the icy replica of an SUV that no doubt had some trouble backing out of its parking space. This is one time when that ice scraper really won’t do you any good. (via @weatherchannel)
11. Snowcream: This is definitely one of the more delicious results of so much fresh, powdery snow. A little snow and a little cream make for a delicious treat straight from Mother Nature. (via @lindzieloo)
14. Icicle Barricade: Here’s hoping that there’s a significant amount of insulation between this wall of ice and the walls inside this house. Also, here’s hoping they have plenty of hot toddies keeping them warm inside. (via @jm_pelland)
Is it snowing where you live? Share your photos with us!