With the holiday season right around the corner, you’re probably already dreaming (and drooling) about all the delicious food you’re going to eat. Everything from gobbling a swoon-worthy turkey on Thanksgiving to snacking on delicious Christmas cookies is on your holiday food to-do list. And while those items are all worthy contenders, there’s one holiday food trend you need to add to your foodie bucket list: frozen cream cubes. These little sugary cubes of magic are made from homemade whipped cream which is then frozen to perfection. All you have to do is cut them into the desired shape (we made mini Christmas trees), and carefully drop them into your hot cocoa for a perfect booze-free nightcap. Need to know how you can make these little guys at home? Check out the recipe below.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
1. Pour 1 cup of heavy whipping cream into the blender.
2. Add 3 Tablespoons of sugar into the heavy whipping cream.
3. Blend until the liquid completely thickens, then place to the side.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper.
5. Carefully spread the whipped cream evenly over the cookie sheet. Make sure the thickness is at least 1-inch thick so the frozen cream doesn’t break apart.
6. Place it in the freezer for at least four hours (or overnight).
7. Take the tray out of the freezer and let the frozen cream thaw for about 10 minutes.
8. When the cream has thawed a little, take your cookie cutter and carefully press down to cut out the shape.
9. Once you cut out all of the shapes, place the frozen creams on a new lined cookie sheet and put them into the freezer until you’re ready to use.
10. While the frozen creams are in the freezer, create your hot chocolate over the stove or in the microwave.
While the frozen creams are in the freezer, create your hot chocolate over the stove or in the microwave.
Take them out when you’re ready to use for a cute and festive way to dress up your hot cocoa.
A cozy night in never looked so good.
Want more delicious holiday ideas? Follow us on Pinterest.