From fruity beauty DIYs to fruit-print swimsuits and tropical fruit dresses, it’s safe to say that fruit is having a moment this summer — our doctors would be so proud. To fete the last few weeks of summer, here are 12 of the most fruit-tastic craft projects for your home. Go ahead; play with your food.
1. DIY Stamped Watermelon Mat: Welcome guests to your home with a hand-stamped fruit mat. Swap out the melons for citrus, and we bet everyone who comes a-knocking will get a kick out of saying, “Orange you glad to see us?” (via Dream Green DIY)
2. Hand-Stamped Clementine Wall: No need for pricey printed wallpaper! This DIY version brings a touch of color and whimsy to any room, and the handmade look allows for some trial and error. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Watermelon Piñata DIY: Nothing says “End of Summer Soiree” like a watermelon DIY, especially one that’s almost too pretty to bust open. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. DIY Fruit Magnets: Whether it’s for pictures, a grocery list or even an old receipt, you’ll find any reason to use these wee magnets made with fruit ice cube trays and cement. (via Homey Oh My!)
5. DIY Fruit-Inspired Party Hats: It’s your party, and you’ll wear fruit-y party hats if you want to. (via Studio DIY)
6. Watermelon Serving Tray: Turn a simple piece of wood into the highlight of your next happy hour. Bonus points for incorporating a watermelon cocktail. (via Oh So Beautiful Paper)
7. DIY Fruit Cozies: Beyond keeping your drink cool, these colorful cozies double as drink markers at parties. (via Sugar + Cloth)
8. DIY Fruit Macarons: With a few food markers, sprinkles and royal icing leaves, these sweet treats double as mini works of art. (via Sugar & Cloth)
9. Tutti Fruitti Potholders: You’re so on-trend that even your hot plates incorporate a fruit theme. Before you get your slip stitch on, keep in mind that this project requires some crochet experience. (via Tuts Plus)
10. Fruit Balloons DIY: Wow guests with this deceivingly easy-to-make balloon garland for your next fiesta. (via Oh Happy Day)
11. Fruit Welcome Mats: Another spin on a fruit-y house mat, this semi-circle version goes for a playful slice of watermelon or lemon. (via The House That Lars Built)
12. DIY Fruit Slice Umbrellas: Rainy days feel a little less gloomy with these fruit print umbrella made with painter’s tape and craft paint. (via Studio DIY)
Which of these DIYs will you be crafting to celebrate the end of summer?