Halloween is a night full of frights and thrills, but the best way to win over the crowd is definitely with a giggle-inducing, clever AF costume that will leave them laughing. 2016 is a stand-out year in comedy (hello, all-female remake of Ghostbusters), which is why we’re getting on the comedienne-bandwagon this Halloween. You have every other day of the year to look glam, so consider taking the opportunity this Halloween to infuse some much-needed humor into your costume, even if it was just a last minute costume idea. Scroll down for 66 funny Halloween costumes guaranteed to make you the life of the party this Halloween.
1. Holy Guacamole & Holy Cow: No Halloween would be complete without getting seriously pun-ny. By pairing your getup with an angel’s halo and wings, you’ve accomplished insta-holy. Then all you need is something green or cow-print! (via Huffington Post/Emma Gray)
2. Kim Kardashian Paper Magazine Cover: If this now-iconic Kim KW cover didn’t break the Internet, your costume definitely will. Buy a sparkly dress, do you hair up in a bun and glue a Champagne coupe to your derriere. (via Bangitout)
3. Shrimp Cocktail: This is the perfect way to bring a pun to life this Halloween. Not only is the shrimp hat hilarious by itself, but the added cocktail brings a whole new level of humor to the costume. (via Yatzer)
4. Donald Trump: Expect to see plenty of political costumes this Halloween with the big election coming up. But if you get a Trump wig, you’ll have to style it with utmost care to get his exact hairstyle right. (via Brit + Co)
5. Pikachu: The timing is perfect to step up your Pokemon game this Halloween. The Pokemon Go trend is one of the biggest of the year, so this Pikachu costume will have its fair share of admirers.
6. Reno 911!: If you’re prepared to act the part, you’ll be the life of the party! Get your friends together to dress up as the goofiest on-screen officers in the business as the cast of Reno 911! Or, if you’d prefer some variety, improvise the costumes from Super Troopers instead.
7. Netflix + Chill: This is the ULTIMATE couple’s costume that will have all your friends going YAAAAS. Netflix and chill probably wins for hilarious yet kinda sexy slang of the year, and this outfit is so easy to DIY too. (via Brit + Co)
8. Shark-nado: This is the way to bring the cult movie Sharknado to life on Halloween. Or, grab two more friends, each take a day of the week, and you’ve got the makings of a Shark Week costume! (via The San Diego Union Tribune)
9. Snapchat Rainbow Barf Filter: This rainbow-spewing Snapchat filter is easy to DIY with some face paint and makeup. People will definitely be snapchatting your costume to their friends. (via Getting Pretty)
10. Vincent Van Gogh: This is a perfect Halloween costume if you’re feeling artsy and intellectual. Van Gogh’s quirky self-portrait combined with the creepy story of cutting off his own ear — and sending it to his former lover — is basically the ideal vibe for Halloween night!
11. Dino Cage: This costume is only for the truly adventurous. It’ll take dedication and advanced planning to pull off a costume this elaborate — but the results will be worth it. Guaranteed to be the most creative costume of the night! (via Holy Taco)
12. Thesaurus: This is the perfect pun-filled costume for any brainiac! Combine your love of words with a distinctly prehistoric theme and you’ve got yourself a Tyrannosaurus-thesaurus hybrid. (via n00brarian)
13. Soda Bottle Head Accessory: This costume wins the prize for the craftiest find! It’s surprisingly simple to construct and is genuinely clever. Plus, if you have friends with lots of different hair colors, the possibilities are endless. (via A Bowl of Pistachios in The Tardis)
14. SNL Cast: Nothing can be funnier than the cast of hilarious characters we tune in for weekly on Saturday Night Live. If you and your friends opt for one of these finds, just be prepared to be quoting their skits all night long. (via TODAY)
15. S’mores: No single Halloween costume could ever be sweeter than this family’s. The costumes are thankfully easy to construct and wear, so treat yourselves to this look come Halloween. (via Cheerios and Lattes)
17. Saved by the Bell: You pretty much have to dress like a cast member of this iconic show at least once in your life. Halloween is nothing if not an excuse to enjoy all our favorite throwback styles. (via Brit + Co)
18. Rock, Paper, Scissors: We’ve seen Halloween costumes that bring our favorite board games to life, so why not take a cue from the most basic game of all time: rock, paper, scissors? Just be prepared for a less-than-agile costume if you’re going as the rock!
19. Operation Costume: Remember that old board game you used to love as a kid? This costume is the perfect way to bring back the childhood classic, and is guaranteed to be the most fun of any costume around. (via Huffington Post/Tori Allen)
20. Old Ladies: These adorable babies take the “old lady” trend to a new level. How is it even possible that the very youngest humans make the absolute cutest old ones?
21. Waving Wind Sock Men: This hilarious costume is something we’ve all seen before, but have probably never tried to name or recreate. Here are some DIY waving wind sock men that you can make using a hamper and fabric.
22. Napoleon Dynamite: Embrace your inner outcasts and head out as this oddly lovable, highly mismatched set of weirdos. And if you dress as Napoleon himself, you might want to practice drawing ligers in advance. (via The FW)
23. Miss Universe: This is one of the most original Halloween costumes we’ve ever seen — the moment when the wrong Miss Universe was crowned by accident. She has since said that having to give up the crown was emotionally traumatizing — how sad! (via Total Sorority Move)
24. Man in a Hurricane: This is a total crowd-pleaser that only requires a messed-up umbrella and some clever posing. This costume is guaranteed to crack people up if you stay committed while wearing it. (via Huffington Post)
25. Low-Resolution: Uh-oh. Here’s a truly scary costume — the worst nightmare of the entire digital world! All it takes is some creative makeup to create a look that is all too real. (via Laughing Squid)
26. Intergalactic Beastie Boys: This costume is guaranteed to be a throwback favorite. All you need are some white jumpsuits, and then the yellow accessories — rubber gloves, rubber boots, goggles, reflective tape and a helmet. Oh yeah, then there’s the robot… (via  radio)
28. Superhero Legos: LEGOs are what gave a lot of us the ideas for our very first projects as kids. Pair them with classic superheroes and you’ve got a winning combination on your U-shaped hands. (via Instructables)
29. Karl Lagerfeld: As the iconic Creative Director of Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld’s unique style and rather bizarre appearance is the ultimate pop culture figure come to life. We definitely hope to see one (or more) Karls come this Halloween. (via Refinery 29)
30. Bag of Jelly Beans: All you need to create this adorable costume is a clear plastic bag and plenty of colorful balloons. This will be one of the most unique costumes you see all night! (via Modern Kiddo)
31. Instagram: How could we create a list of hilarious Halloween costumes without paying homage to our fave social media brands? This Instagram photo is perfect for any pop culture junkie. (via Peta Pixel)
34. Baby from The Hangover: If you look closely, you’ll see that your head comes out where the baby’s would — and yes, you’ll have to decapitate a doll. But if you can pull off this costume, you’re guaranteed to be one of the most memorable costumes of the night. (via Imgur)
37. Guy Carrying His Head in a Box: This is yet another jaw-dropping costume that is as inventive as it is hilarious. As long as you’re down to carry a box the whole night, this is a costume worth duplicating. (via The Design Inspiration)
38. Freudian Slip: This costume is the best — at least, for any psychology lover. What better way to commemorate the legendary psychiatrist than by dressing up as a living example of one of his famed theories of the psyche?
39. Frat Boys: This is the dream, ladies. This Halloween, play the joke on the frat boys — the ultimate pranksters. You might even consider a Neighbors theme if you want to get inspo from popular movies. (via Whitney Poginy)
42. Glamour Shots: Walking around all night dressed in ’80s attire with a faux glamour shots background will make for a picture-perfect snap every time. Plus, she gets extra brownie points for creativity.
43. Emoji Couple’s Costume: Since we’re talking emoji here, here’s another adorable emoji couple costume that is sure to go viral. Plus, it’s super easy, considering you can make this costume using what’s already in your closet. (via Brit + Co)
44. McDonald’s French Fries: This costume is hilarious — right down to the giant packet of ketchup. Not to mention, it’s a DIY — the fries can be made using everyday pool noodles. (via Create Craft Love)
45. Famous Artists: If you saw Midnight in Paris, you already know how much fun it is to watch the most famous artists in history come to life. You aren’t required to take on their quirky behavior, but it definitely helps. (via Lake Flato Dog Run)
46. THE Dress: This debate was one that divided families, ended friendships and made you question your relationship. And now, the optical illusion is a totally wearable Halloween costume. (via Brit + Co)
47. Formal Apology: This costume is beyond easy to create and is the ultimate find for a pun lover. As long as you don’t mind wearing a tie — or writing on it.
50. Taxidermy Deer-Head Costume: This is a sad — but also pretty funny — take on the popular deer costume. You get to to wear cute deer makeup but the backboard adds an unexpected and hilarious edge. (via Make)
52. Aaahh!!! Real Monsters!: Your childhood self would totally be proud of this costume of Oblina from the show Aaahh!!! Real Monsters! Once you find the mask, you just need to pair it with a black-and-white striped dress and the look is complete. (via BuzzFeed)
53. Fifty Shades of Grey: The hardest part about this costume will be finding all fifty samples of gray paint. Once you’ve attached them to your preferred article of clothing, you can complete the look however you want to channel the sexy book-turned-film. (via Bits and Pieces)
54. Chewie’s Angels: This is the perfect way to take one of the most recognizable characters from Star Wars and to combine it with another hit. Grab two of your friends to be the other angels, and swap out Charlie for Chewbacca! Angel wings or a halo would be a good alternative if you don’t feel like carrying around a gun all night. (via IB Times)
55. Brawny Man: This is officially the easiest DIY costume ever, but it’s original enough that it still works. The Brawny Man is all kinds of handsome, so prepare to have a little arm candy by your side all night. (via Brit + Co)
56. Sizzling Bacon Costume: Bacon is super trendy right now, and Halloween just might be the only day of the year when wearing this dress would be remotely appropriate. Or, take the opportunity to channel Lady Gaga’s epic meat gown. (via Brit + Co)
61. Blue Ivy: Our girl Kelly apologizes for the low-quality iPhone photos, but this hilarious Blue Ivy costume is too good not to include. This is a must-try.
Want more Halloween costume inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.