Don’t let the heat get you down! If you aren’t already chillin’ out thanks to our heatwave hacks, there are plenty of other ways to beat the heat. Think of it this way: Now you have an excuse to get that ice cream maker or that novelty USB fan you secretly wished you had. No matter what floats your boat, at least one of these goodies should do it for ya. Here are 20 super *cool* must-haves to beat the heatwave this summer.
1. Urban Outfitters Instant Water Balloon Filler Pack ($16, pack of three): Unleash your inner child and let loose with water balloons this summer. To get you ready for the water wars, make sure to pick up this water balloon filler pack that can make hundreds of water balloons in under a minute!
2. BigMouth Inc. Birds Drink Floaties ($12, set of three): Now you won’t have to worry about leaving the pool to quench your thirst. Enjoy a refreshing cocktail *while* lounging in the pool with these adorable bird drink floaties.
3. Sunnylife Really Big Inflatable Pineapple Pool Floatie ($60): Take advantage of those lazy summer days while you can by relaxing in the pool on this inflatable pineapple floatie. Couple it with a pińa colada in a drink floatie, and you’ve got the ultimate lazy day setup.
4. Sunnylife Avalon Beach Umbrella ($75): Make sure you aren’t caught without this Avalon Beach Umbrella on your next beach or picnic outing. Thanks to the polyester canopy’s UPF 30 protective coating, it’ll keep you safe *and* cool.
5. CoreGear USA Misters Pump Mister & Sprayer ($21): There’s nothing like spritzing yourself with a refreshing mist on a hot summer day. Do so with this pump mister that can fit ice cubes inside, and includes a neoprene cool sleeve to keep the water cold for twice as long.
6. Zoku Ice Cream Maker ($30): Is there anything better than enjoying a bowl of ice cream that you can make in 10 minutes in the comfort of your own home? There’s no hassle of having to drive to the closest grocery store, thanks to the Zoku Ice Cream Maker. Simply add your favorite ice cream base to the pre-chilled bowl, stir, and in minutes you’ll have a ready-to-eat serving of ice cream, gelato, frozen yogurt, sherbet or sorbet!
7. Urban Outfitters Diamond Ice Cube Tray ($14): Diamonds are everyone’s best friend, in this case. Add a decorative flair to ordinary drinks while keeping them cool with this diamond ice cube tray that fits six cubes at a time.
8. Honeywell QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan ($66): Featuring a digital thermostat, timer, eight cooling settings and remote control, this Black Honeywell Whole Room Tower Fan is the have-all fan to use anywhere and everywhere in your house. Further, its sleek and elegant style won’t compromise your pre-existing decor.
9. Chef’n Ice Cream Sandwich Maker ($20): Relive your childhood days by whipping up a batch of homemade ice cream sandwiches using this stackable mold. To make, bake the cookies in the silicone molds, fill with ice cream then freeze.
10. Mamasicles Popsicle Molds Ice Pop Maker ($12): These BPA-free popsicle molds make it easy for you to create unique flavors that you can’t find in stores. So the next time you’re craving mint mojito iced coffee popsicles, make ‘em with this super simple ice pop maker.
11. Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence Ice Cream Maker ($70): Powered by a heavy-duty motor, this durable and efficient stainless steel ice cream maker is a party essential. Simply add your ingredients, turn the switch on and come back in 25 minutes. The fully automatic ice cream maker makes two quarts of fresh frozen dessert, which is sure to be a hit with your friends.
12. ICONIQ Rose Gold Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle ($17): You can’t go wrong with a proper water bottle, especially a rose gold beauty like this one. It’s sleek, stylish and provides long-lasting insulation for both hot and cold drinks.
13. Mission Enduracool Performance Hat ($23): If you’re not one to let the weather stop you from enjoying a fun game or sport, consider keeping cool with this performance hat. It cools instantly when wet, up to (err, down to) 20 degrees below the average body temperature. Wear it on a hike to ensure you won’t be sweating (as many) bullets.
14. Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunscreen SPF 45 ($14): Refresh and protect skin with Neutrogena’s cooling mist sunscreen in SPF 45. The proof mist will instantly leave skin feeling fresh and clean. Plus, it’s waterproof, sweat-proof, noncomedogenic and water resistant!
15. Kikkerland Ice Ball Moon ($11): Regardless of the drink you’ll be sipping on, make sure it stays chilled with the help of this silicone moon ice ball mold. The unique spherical shape actually prevents ice from melting as quickly, which is a plus in everyone’s book.
16. Pumponator Water Balloon Filling Station ($15): This balloon pumping station is the portable and lightweight essential to bring to any outdoor event. It makes filling balloons with water or air a cinch so you can worry less about preparations and more about having fun.
17. Kikkerland Reusable Ice Cubes Submarine ($5): Inspired by the Beatles, these reusable yellow submarine ice cubes are the summer essentials you need to snatch up now. Aside from their fun design, they’re the practical and easy means of keeping those drinks cold all summer long.
18. Seekermaker USB Fan Micro OTG Mini Phone Fan ($8): Compatible with USB 2.0 and Android ports, this mini phone fan is the portable savior you didn’t realize you needed. From stuffy bus-ride commutes to long lines at theme parks in the hot sun, this li’l guy promises to save you from potentially overheating, with its immediately cooling breeze.
19. Tovolo Mini Sweet Treats Tubs ($13, set of four): Because each of these mini tubs holds six ounces, you can dole out perfectly portioned snacks to your friends or fam. It’s also worth noting their easy stackable design and fun colors, which will make your picnic pretty as can be.
20. Williams-Sonoma Frozen Desserts Cookbook ($25): Choose from over 60 recipes and ideas for scoops, shakes, slushes, sundaes, sandwiches and special-occasion treats in this frozen desserts cookbook. Whether you decide on the Lemon-Creme Fraiche Ice Cream or Peanut Butter-Pretzel Ice Cream Bonbons, one thing’s for sure: You’ll definitely be keeping cool.
Which of these awesome products will you get to beat the heat? Follow us on Pinterest for more summer must-haves!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.