If there’s any excuse to eat extra sweet treats or heart-shaped candies, Valentine’s Day is it. These DIY clutches are perfect for having candy on hand all day long — make a few extra for your Galentines and you’re all set! Gather any simple makeup bags as your starting point, but clear plastic ones are ideal for showing off your candy collection. Once you’ve eaten all the candies, use these clutches as makeup bags or even cute pencil cases.
Materials and Tools:
- Cricut cutting machine (or similar)
- Cricut cutting mat
- adhesive vinyl
- transparent plastic pouch
- Use the Cricut Design Space software to set up your design. I used the free heart shape that comes preloaded in the program, and then overlayed it with bold text. The size of your design will depend on the size of your pouch — these hearts were 3 1/2 inches tall. Once you’re happy with your designs, cut and attach a piece of adhesive vinyl onto the Cricut mat.
- Once the Cricut has cut out your shapes, remove the vinyl from the mat and peel away the excess. You’ll be left with your heart stickers on the plastic backing.
- Carefully peel off the heart-shaped sticker and place onto the front and center of the pouch. Work carefully to keep the heart as smooth and air-bubble-free as possible.
- Finally, attach the small negative-space stickers to complete the message in the heart.
Pass the cinnamon hearts, please!
I mean… adorable.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.