If you and your boo are over the super sentimental gifts that Valentine’s Day breeds — think teddy bears, silk roses, a heart shaped box with anything it in — then you’re not alone. We have to say that we can take or leave the mushy stuff this year, and are looking to shower our significant other with gifts that are way less showy and much more… us! You know, gadgets, accessories, and homewares that we’ll actually use, and sometimes, even use together. Don’t worry, no cheesy “He’s Mine/She’s Mine” tees or double Snuggies here — just 12 cute gifts for way cool couples.
1. iPhone 5 Love Case for Couples ($30): Keep hearts and iPhone screens from getting shattered with this pair of graphic smartphone cases. It’s an especially adorable gift for long-distance lovers.
2. Urbanears Headphone Splitter ($15): If your boo still makes you mixes—mine does!—this headphone splitter will let both of you jam out to the same playlist. Along with our iPad and favorite movies cued up in iTunes, this accessory is a lifesaver on long plane rides.
3. The Rise and Fall Pillowcases, Set of 2 ($34): These typographic pillowcases are: one—incentive to actually make the bed in the morning and two—bait to want to say “this is where all the magic happens” when you’re giving guests their first-time home tour.
4. Porcelain Tea for Two Set ($16): No, you weren’t invited to the Mad Hatter’s tea party—this center split teacup exists out of Wonderland, giving tea for two a whole new meaning.
5. Shot Flask Set of 2 ($37): Party dilemma: your beau sips bourbon, but you’re into clearer spirits—who gets to fill the flask? Now you can both bring your drink of choice along thanks to this flask set that comes with collapsible shot glasses.
6. REI Siesta Double Sleeping Bag ($115): Bunk up with your boo in the great outdoors with this double sleeping bag. It’s the savviest way for two campers to snooze.
7. American Apparel Hoodies for Him and Her ($48 each): Thanks to the unisex basics at American Apparel, you’ll never have to borrow your boyfriend’s comfy hoodie ever again! Get the same style in practically any color imaginable.
8. Fitbit Flex ($100 each): Techie twosomes, this is the gift for you! The slender FitBit Flex is a wearable activity and sleep tracker that monitors your movement and provides you with motivation to remain active. For him, go with the black or blue band, for her, try mint or red!
9. Tea(m) Towels Set of 2 ($35): We love the playful nature of these task oriented tea towels that don’t leave one partner hangin’ out to dry ;) Go team!
11. Everyday IPA One Gallon Beer Making Kit ($40): If you ask us, couples that DIY together stay together, so why not make beer brewing your first joint venture?Hop to it, you two!
12. One Pan, Two Plates: More Than 70 Complete Weeknight Meals for Two by Carla Snyder ($19): Dinner date every night? Score! Sharpen your collective home cook skills with this awesome book that teaches couples how to efficiently cook for two.
What’s the coolest couple’s gift you’ve ever gotten? Any out there that we missed? Tell us in the comments below.