Glamour magazine’s May issue officially stripped Taylor Swift and her troupe of talented besties of their “Most Influential BFFs” title. The new famous clique to admire is First Lady Michelle Obama, Kerry Washington and Sarah Jessica Parker, who are teaming up IRL to raise awareness and aid women and families who serve in the military. The trio was recently photographed for the cover as they met up to discuss the initiative, and as you can see, it’s one that’s definitely worthy of a space on your tablet/coffee table. While the message is what matters here, the fangirls in us couldn’t help but pull as much inspiration from the feature as possible, including style tips (when they’re coming straight from a few of the world’s most influential #Girlbosses, how could you blame us?). Scroll through for five ways to update your work wardrobe like a true power player.
1. White and Blush are the New Power Colors: Forget dark navy and deep gray, power dressing just got a feminine makeover thanks to the trio’s airy color scheme. We’ve already updated our suiting for spring with a fitted blush blazer ($73) and white wide-legged trousers ($100), a move we think Olivia Pope would definitely approve of.
2. Delicate Bracelets Are Essential Arm Candy: Leave the thick cuffs, jeweled bands and beaded bracelets for after hours. When you’re on the clock, streamline your look with delicate arm candy. Upper Metal Class currently makes some of our favorite dainty offerings, like the sleek Truth Cuff ($85) and too-cool Long Wave Bracelet ($80).
3. Pink Lips and Dewy Skin Are the Keys to a Glowing Complexion: Even though your days are largely desk-bound, every #Girlboss should know how to fake dewy, sun-kissed skin (because when has healthy-looking complexion not helped your confidence shoot through the roof?). Stila’s Ready, Set, Summer! Makeup Set ($15) is the purse-friendly duo that will let you hack the look before the big meeting: the Stay-All-Day BB formula for the glow and a pinky-coral Lip Glaze for a wash of color and shine.
4. Office Dresses Don’t Need to Look Like Office Dresses: “Office dresses” and “dull” are no longer synonymous. LOFT has been killing it lately with its selection of professional yet, trend-forward frocks suitable for even the most corporate of work environments. Take your traditional collared button up to a whole new level with the Softened Shirtdress ($80), and go from boardroom to brunch like that in the Geo Eyelet Skirt ($70) + matching top.
5. Remember the Importance of Eye Contact: Maintaining eye contact throughout an interaction is a characteristic that shows strength and confidence — it’s an attribute of a #Girlboss in the making — and these three woman drive that home with their gripping cover photo. Add on to your already impressive gaze with a volumizing mascara like Lancôme Grandiôse ($32) that lifts and fans your lashes with the help of its innovative wide-angle wand.
Which celebrities do you look up to for off style tips? Name drop your favorite famous #Girlbosses in the comments below.