Yup, you read that right. One day, some marvelous comfort food-lovin’ American declared that August was going to be National Goat Cheese Month. And for that, we are forever grateful. We know that tasty flavor can be strong. But fear not! Here are 20 beautiful and balanced ways to start celebrating this glorious month of goat cheese.
2. Goat Cheese, Honey + Pistachio Cheesecake With Meyer Lemon Cream: Looking for a rich and delicious dessert to serve at your next dinner party? You’ve found it right here. (via The Kitchn)
3. Marinated Beet Salad With Goat Cheese + Pistachios: Put those white clothes away! This nutrient-rich beet salad is all you’ll want to eat for days. (via Taste Food)
5. Fresh Fig, Goat Cheese, Honey + Almond Panini: Figs and goat cheese are like the Angie and Brad of fruit and cheese combinations. Their contrasting flavors just go together so well. (via Aggie’s Kitchen)
6. Spinach, Tomato + Goat Cheese Stuffed Spaghetti Squash: Spaghetti squash isn’t something that you hear about all that much, but it’ll definitely be making more appearances in your kitchen after you try this recipe out. We’re suckers for stuffed vegetable dishes. (via BS’ in the Kitchen)
9. Goat Cheese + Strawberry Bruschetta: Goat cheese is apparently a really great binding factor between sweet and savory foods. This strawberry bruschetta is like nothing we’ve ever seen before. (via Driscoll’s)
10. Potato, Squash + Goat Cheese Gratin: We heart all kinds of cheese, but potatoes and squash definitely need a bolder-tasting variety to liven them up. That’s where goat cheese swoops in to save the day! (via The Kitchn)
11. Goat Cheese + Tomato Salad Bruschetta: We’re really excited about trying out that strawberry bruschetta, but we’ve still got a soft spot for the more traditional tomato variety. (via Spoon and Chair)
13. Stuffed Pepper With Goat Cheese + Sage: These stuffed peppers are some of the easiest to make, and are the tastiest hors d’oeuvres you’ll ever come across. You might need to make a lot though, beause these’ll be gobbled up pretty quickly. (via Horses + Heels)
14. Warm Leek + Goat Cheese Dip: We know it’s summer, but we absolutely love dips that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You could even serve this one with some freshly cut veggies to keep it light. (via Ryan Bakes)
18. Strawberry + Goat Cheese Guacamole: Strawberries in guacamole?! But it works so well because the sweetness really balances out the saltiness of the goat cheese. Bust out the tortilla chips! (via Two Peas + Their Pod)
19. Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean + Goat Cheese Enchiladas: This vegetarian recipe is full of bright colors, handy protein and good nutrients. Plus it’s finger-lickin’ good. (via Sprouted Kitchen)
How will you be celebrating National Goat Cheese Month? Drop us a line in the comments below or on Facebook!