We love a good brunch, especially one with a killer theme. And we can’t wait to gather our pals together for this citrusy spring party. That’s right. This party is all put together to celebrate the pretty-in-pink grapefruit while it’s still in-season. Highlight the refreshing fruit with your menu, then color block your space with DIYs and buys in grapefruit’s fab pink, orange and ruby red colors. All that’s left to do is pick a dress to match the fun!
1. Sparkling Grapefruit Sangria: Start the day off with a sweet cocktail. This champagne and Riesling punch gets a fruity twist with grapefruit juice and slices of strawberries and grapefruit. (via How Sweet Eats)
2. Grapefruit Mint Bellini: If you want to go more traditional, serve a refreshing brunch bellini made with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and champagne. (via Camille Styles)
3. Fresh Centerpiece: You don’t have to squeeze in any extra time for this centerpiece: Put a vase of flowers on a cake stand, then surround the vase with whole and halved grapefruit and lemons. (via Daily Squeeze)
4. Chain Gang: Decorate with a tip from elementary school! Make paper chains from construction paper in grapefruit colors, then hang them behind your buffet or as a photo booth backdrop. (via Porter House Designs)
5. Goat Cheese Toast: This sweet and savory appetizer only takes 15 minutes to put together, so you can make it fresh before your friends arrive. Just top toasted baguette slices with goat cheese, salami, grapefruit and honey. (via BHG)
6. Citrus Salad: How about a fresh take on a fruit salad? Serve up this grapefruit, orange and lemon salad with a kick from pink peppercorns and red onion. (via Loffelchen Voll Zucker)
7. Oh Joy! Rectangular Plate Coral ($3): Make clean up easy with paper party plates… but make sure they match the theme using this pink, yellow and orange versions.
8. Mix and Match: The great part of grapefruit is all the fun colors. Celebrate them with pink-painted chairs and a yellow chevron table runner. (via The Starry Eyed Bride)
9. Buffet Printables: If you’re going buffet style, make it easy for guests to make up their plate with pretty pink and orange labels. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
10. Grapefruit Yogurt Pancakes: These airy pancakes get their fluff from Greek yogurt and their zest from fresh grapefruit juice. (via Braised Anatomy)
11. Ombre Stack: Once you’ve made your grapefruit pancake batter, make your stack match the theme! Separate some of the batter and use food coloring to dye the batter in an ombre pattern for a pink-to-tan stack. (via I Am Baker)
12. Grapefruit, Salmon, Avocado Salad: For those who like lunch over breakfast, serve this filling and healthy salad. (via M Loves M)
13. Pretty in Pink Paper Straws ($6): Your grapefruit cocktails deserve something just as pretty to sip from, like these pink striped and polka dotted paper straws.
14. Slice of Life: Make grapefruit the real star of the table: Cut the fruit into thin slices to fill up a vase. Add water and flowers, and you’ve got yourself a gorgeous display. (via Catch My Party)
15. DIY Citrus Coasters: Your gals will love these felt coasters. To match the party, make yours in pink and yellow. They’re so cute your guests will want to take them home, and you should let them. (via The Purl Bee)
16. Fan Art: As a backdrop to the party, stock up on paper fans in poppy pink colors. Open them up, then attach them to the wall for a pretty display. (via Wedding Chicks)
17. Broiled Grapefruit: Top fresh halves of grapefruit with honey, banana and ground ginger, then pop it in the broiler for a caramelized appetizer. (via She Wears Many Hats)
18. Grapefruit Yogurt Parfait: Make these fruit parfaits in mason or jelly jars so each guest gets their own portion. (via The Kitchn)
19. Painted Mason Jars ($32): A set of these pink-painted mason jars is great for holding a pretty display of flowers or cutlery and straws.
20. On the Fringe: After buying streamers in our citrus colors, cut strips into the sides to make a festive, piñata-like look! (via A Subtle Revelry)
21. Grapefruit Sorbet: This refreshing sorbet tastes even better served in hollowed out grapefruit rinds. (via Say Yes to Hoboken)
22. Grapefruit Donuts: It’s two breakfast foods in one: donuts and grapefruit. We recommend making double the recipe. These sweet and sour treats will go fast! (via A Beautiful Mess)
23. Grapefruit Thyme Scones: These scones are deliciously soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. We love their herby flavor from the added thyme. (via Girl in the Little Red Kitchen)
24. Earl Gray Tart: Each individual tart shell is loaded with tea-flavored custard, then topped with fresh slices of grapefruit. The perfect blend of earthy and sweet. (via Tartine and Apron Strings)
25. Candied Grapefruit Rinds: Boil slices of grapefruit rinds, add some sugar on top and you’ve got yourself a treat you can eat at the brunch or send home with your guests. (via Tablespoon)
26. Meyer Lemon and Grapefruit Bundt: Two of our favorite citrus fruits in one! Make this sweet and tangy bundt cake and top it with a Meyer lemon glaze. (via Apt. 2B Baking Co.)
27. Party Favors: Instead of sweets, send your friends home with a jar of homemade bath salts. Made from sea salt, grapefruit and orange, this scrub smells so good you’ll have to remind them not to eat it! (via Celebrations at Home)
28. Box it Up: Make these striped and sealed boxes for guests to take home leftovers or party favors. (via Paper Crave)
Spring is here! What other fresh ideas do you have for an awesome brunch with your friends?