Green tea is the drink that has it all. It’s a superfood that is filled with antioxidants and loads of health benefits. And while it’s great to enjoy a warm cup of green tea (even in a latte!) why does it have to end there? It can be used in tons of dishes, and we’ve got 14 of the best sweet and savory green tea recipes right here, just for you.
1. Green Tea Ice Cream Sandwich: Green tea ice cream is always a good idea and even more so when it’s sandwiched between two double chocolate cookies. (via Maamee Moo Moo)
2. Mini Tea Cakewiches With Green Tea Frosting: These Earl Grey layered cakes topped with green tea frosting take dessert to the next level. Is it tea time yet? (via Brit + Co.)
3. Mint and Lime Iced Green Tea: With summer just around the corner, we’re looking forward to cooling down with this minty twist on iced green tea. (via One Ordinary Day)
4. Farfalle With Matcha Green Tea, Pistachios, Raisins and Zucchini: Green tea goes to the savory side! This recipe calls for some culinary matcha powder and looks so delicious. (via Apron and Sneakers)
5. Tofu Stir-Fry on Green Tea Soba Noodles: A basic stir-fry dish gets a lot more interesting with green tea soba noodles. (via Food Recipes HQ)
6. Hot Chocolate: Sweeten up your typical cup of green tea with some chocolate. Pure decadence. (via Panko Bunny)
7. Green Tea Cupcakes: Who doesn’t love a cupcake? The baker of this recipe took a chocolate cupcake with buttercream frosting and added matcha green tea to both the cake and frosting. The results are amazing. (via Hummingbird High)
8. Shortbread Cookies: There is nothing falling short about these cookies. We can’t stop at just one. (via Dirty the Kitchen)
9. Matcha Chocolates: All this recipe takes is microwaving some chocolate, mixing in some matcha and refrigerating until set. It is so easy, it’s almost dangerous. (via Kirbie Cravings)
10. Crepe Cake: Since one crepe is never enough, enjoy them stacked up as a cake. (via Oh Sweet Day)
11. Green Tea Caramel: Now you can put green tea on everything by drizzling this very clever caramel sauce. (via Bashful Bao)
12. Tea Shots: It’s a healthy happy hour! Get a quick boost of energy with this shot of matcha powder and almond milk. (via Skinny Taste)
13. Pound Cake: Mixing matcha into a buttery pound cake batter makes this recipe more than a classic. (via Beauty and Sass)
14. Green Tea Brownies: These brownies are a combination of everything good in the universe — white chocolate, matcha and almonds. Um, yum. (via Fortune Goodies)
Which of these recipes are you craving? Tell us in the comments below!