We’re constantly searching for the perfect weeknight dinners. Sometimes we find ourselves focused on one-pot wonders to minimize clean-up. Other times, it’s all about the slow cooker stew so we can simply set it and forget it. But as we phase out of comfort food season and into warmer weather, we’re desperate for options that are lightened up — and we aren’t talking grilled salads. These 16 recipes bring ground turkey to your plate with dishes that are lean, tasty, and substantial enough to satisfy.
1. Cheesy Turkey Stuffed Peppers: The easiest way to get a healthy dose of meat and veggies is to stuff that meat into some veggies. These delicious beauties are done in a mere 30 minutes, so weeknight meals can be both tasty AND hassle-free. (via A Cookie Named Desire)
2. Buffalo Turkey Meatball Subs: The traditional meatball sub is great and all, but this recipe takes the sandwich to new heights. Turkey meatballs bring a lighter spin to this dish, but still leave room for blue cheese and Frank’s Hot on there. (via Whitney Bond)
3. Turkey Meatballs in a Creamy Red Curry Sauce: Nothing beats a velvety smooth red curry sauce. Adding lean turkey meatballs to the mix is nothing short of brilliant, if we do say so ourselves. (via The Modern Proper)
4. Pesto and Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf With Ground Turkey: If your family is known to groan at the mention of meatloaf, let us assure you that there’s still hope. And it all starts with this zesty, cheesy version. (via Gluten Free With LB)
5. Teriyaki Turkey Cabbage Rolls: This teriyaki twist on an eastern European classic is a fab way to get creative with dinner this week. The best part is it only takes 45 minutes, unlike traditional cabbage rolls that basically take ALL day (but we still love them). (via Destination Delish)
6. Greek Flatbread With Tzaziki Sauce: One of the best things about being an adult is that if you want snack food for dinner, you can have snack food for dinner. With options like this flavor-packed flatbread, it’s probably something that should happen more often. (via Marla Meridith)
8. Turkey, Broccoli, and Swiss Skillet Dinner: Skillet dinners have been killing it in the foodie world. They’re fuss-free, leave you with very little clean up, and bring you delectable dinners like this cheesy ground turkey medley. (via Recipe Runner)
10. Fall Potluck Casserole With Turkey and Squash: If you’re looking for a quick way to use up some of the remaining fall produce out there, this casserole is it. It’s hearty, creamy, and packed with goodies. (via The Weary Chef)
11. California Turkey Burgers and Pesto Spread: Anyone who claims turkey burgers can’t compete with beef burgers hasn’t see a version like this. With nutty and herbaceous pesto, it’s one we want to sink our teeth into. (via Free Your Fork)
13. Ground Turkey Pita Pockets: If you’re tired of sandwiches and totally over wraps, the pita is a great way to amp things up for a light and satisfying dinner. This bad boy is stuffed to the brim with seasoned ground turkey and fresh veggies. (via Jar of Lemons)
14. Ground Turkey Lasagna Rolls: Treating the fam to a swoon-worthy lasagna on a weeknight isn’t impossible. With these roll-ups, you get total lasagna bliss in a whopping 45 minutes. (via Cooking With Bliss)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious dinner inspo.