Remember your obsession with gummy bears? Well, the technicolor teddies of our youth that still give us major emoji heart eyes are back in a big, boozy way. Drunken gummies — AKA the liquor-infused variety — are taking over all the feeds, and for good reason. The liquors are delish, and all the cute and crazy gummy shapes — from fish to worms to cherries to cola bottles — are super adorable. You can make ’em for your next 30th birthday party, bachelorette shindig or any weekend. Scroll on for 10 spiked gummy bear shots that will delight everyone at your next part-ay.
1. Classic Vodka Gummy Bears: This is the vodka-infused gummy that takes us back. Simple to make, it calls for just two ingredients: sweets and booze. They are cartoon-cute, to be sure, but beware, ’cause they pack a serious punch! (via Kitchen Mason)
2. Drunken Gummy Bears: These inebriated bears make us want to burst out laughing. They’ve been soaking in vodka for over a week and have swelled up, but kept their shape. Pop them into a vodka martini or serve them up in a candy dish. Or, better yet, keep ’em hanging in the fridge for a quick little nip. (via I Sing in the Kitchen)
3. Gummy Bear Sangria: Remember when you couldn’t decide whether to eat them head or feet first? Our tastes haven’t changed all that much. If you are apt to prefer them wine-soaked these days, you will love this sangria. You could make it with red wine, but white will let the bear colors show through. (via Pepper)
4. Vodka-Infused Gummy Bears in Sangria: This sangria comes in the form of gummies that have presoaked in vodka before taking a dip in the pitcher. Gummy fruit flavors mix incredibly well with real fruit juices and fermented grape. Infuse your candies in the fridge for about three days, or they can be speed-prepped on the countertop at room temperature, if you’re going to need them the same day. (via Molly Yeh)
5. Champagne-Soaked Drunken Gummy Bears: While rose gold is all the rage, these Champagne gummies are super-classy, because they’re steeped in two kinds of Champagne: brut and rosé. The dual infusion deepens their sparkling gold and rose hues. The end result is some seriously posh gummies for your most luxe celebrations. (via The Skinny Fork)
6. Boozy Gummy Bears With Whipped Cream Vodka: If a classic rummy gummy or vodka gummy is too strong for you, you might just fall in love with these whipped cream vodka babies. The mild vanilla flavor pairs well with the fruity taste of gummy candy. Serve them in a glass bowl to show off their little bear shapes. But watch out, ’cause they’re dangerously addictive! (via The Life Jolie)
7. Jack and Coke Bottle Gummies: How cute is this? Little gummy cola bottles are paired with their tastiest mixer. If you like Jack and Coke, you’ll flip for these gummies. Don’t forget the slice of lime for panache. (via 1 Fine Cookie)
8. Rummy Cherries: These cute cherry gummies look and taste delicious soaked in cherry-flavored rum. Cherry-flavored vodka can also work, if you prefer a stronger liquor note. Bonus: Gummies travel better than bottles and make a great conversation starter at your next party. (via Inspired by Charm)
9. Swedish Fish in Gummy Vodka: There is a gummy-flavored vodka, and it pairs well with every shape of gummy. Swedish fish are a treat to the eyes as well as the tastebuds — the colors are perfect for all your summer holiday gatherings. (via Erica’s Sweet Tooth)
10. Vodka Gummy Bear Pops: What’s better than candy infused with vodka? Vodka-infused candy served up in a popsicle. Simply soak your gummy bears in vodka, then place them in popsicle molds and fill with a clear liquid like Sprite, ginger ale or even coconut water. This time machine is taking us back to our carefree past summer vacations at warp speed!
Like these drunken gummies? There’s more. Follow us on Pinterest.