Coachella‘s first weekend may be coming to a close, but the killer hair and beauty trends we saw at this year’s event are ones we’ll be sporting all summer long. From the fest-goers that went IN on the glitter to others that totally slayed the hair game with space buns and accessories galore, there was a TON of beauty inspo to be found in the far-too-short days we spent in the desert. Want proof? Read on for 13 of the best looks we spotted below.
1. Cheekbone Gems: This gorgeous gal’s asymmetrical gems highlighted her cheekbones while also giving her ensemble a funky feel.
2. Mini Messy Buns: Go with the flow and forget all the fuss — that’s the motto of this ‘do. In fact, the more unkempt, the better: How else are you supposed to headbang in style? Add a metal hair accessory for an elevated accent.
3. Eyebrow Bling: The perfect way to instantly up your festival-ready vibe comes courtesy of picture-perfect eyebrow bling, like this attendee’s. Just a few tiny highlighting jewels are all you’ll need to make the transition into a desert goddess.
4. Half-Head Braids: This half-braided, half-straight hairstyle takes an edgy turn thanks to its intentionally imbalanced effect. It’s versatile too: You can always throw both sides back into a pony when you get too hot.
5. Glitter Highlighter: In case you haven’t guessed by now, 2017 is ALL about the sparkle, y’all. Straight-up glitter has replaced shimmery highlighter in the festival beauty department this year, and attendees were all about it: See above for proof!
6. Bold AF Eyeliner: Punchy, cobalt blue eyeliner adds a vibrant element to any festival style. Apply it in a thick wing or a lash-line-hugging, thin line to brighten up your look.
7. Vivid Wigs: Don’t have time (or energy) to do you hair? Throw on a vibrant wig and call it a day with a play straight outta Kylie Jenner’s style book.
8. Monochromatic Vibes: Not only was monochromatic color trending in the style department, but it works for beauty too: This cool girl looks cohesive but not overly matchy-matchy with her violet hair, sunnies, and eyeshadow.
9. Black Lipstick: Though the desert may be bright and sunny, a dark AF, moody black lipstick added a gritty vibe to this fest-lover’s getup.
10. Twisted Space Buns: Futuristic AND functional, the knotted buns in this woman’s hair are a genius way to keep tresses off your neck and out of your face. You’ll also have some epic texture when you let those puppies down — score!
11. Body Baubles: If glitter highlighter isn’t your thing, you can always add a touch of tasteful sparkle to your getup with face jewels (AKA body baubles). It’s a far more minimalist way to ease into the glitter trend if straight up sparkle is too much.
12. Under-eye Sparkle: Forget concealer: Sparkle is the new way to hide those dark under-eye circles from jamming out all night. This playful beauty trend works anytime, from day to night and everything in between.
13. Glitzy Brows: Another subtle way to get your glitter on is by adding a glistening touch to your brows: Beauty vlogger Nicol Concilio nailed the look, proving it’s both wearable and fun.
Like what you’re seeing? Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
(Photos via Victoria Haas/Brit + Co)