Between hanging by the pool and beach-bummin’ by the shore, your once-healthy locks may be suffering from the effects of sun exposure. While your summer glow is looking fierce, your strands need to be dipped in a pool-size container of deep-conditioning magic. Cue these 11 spa-worthy hair masks. With active ingredients like coconut oils, vitamin E and shea butter, these masks will upgrade your lackluster locks into Beyoncé-inspired waves territory. Have your tresses been thirsty for some moisture? You could go the DIY hair mask route if you have time on your hands — or just throw one of these powerhouse products into your shopping cart and call it a day.
1. It’s a 10 Miracle Hair Mask ($30): If you love It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product, then you’re going to *love* this hair mask. Your tresses will feel silky smooth due to its swoon-worthy ingredients such as oat kernel extract, apricot kernel oil, sweet almond oil and linseed extract. This mask is meant to seal and protect overly processed hair, and you can use it as a daily conditioner or a deep conditioner once a week. Told you this one was a winner.
2. Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask With Rare Prickly Pear Seed ($71): Who knew pear was good for your hair? This deep-conditioning mask is made with a rare prickly pear seed oil that will smooth your locks and guard them from the summer heat. The inula flower extract will protect your hair pigments, whether they’re dyed or not. Plus, it smells sweet, so that’s always a bonus.
3. Davines Nounou Pak Hair Mask ($34): Bleached-out babes, rejoice! We found the perfect mask for your dry locks. Thanks to natural ingredients like Fiaschetto Tomato from Guaceto, olive butter and vitamin E, your highly treated locks will feel baby soft.
4. Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter ($6): Another fan fave is this tried-and-true strengthening mask. Made with a Phyto-Keratin® complex, the formula will strengthen, hydrate and protect your hair from damage. And just a little bit goes a long way, so a tub will last you awhile.
5. Kérastase Nutritive Masque Magistral ($28): This container full of magic is the perfect elixir for your damaged mane. The concentrated formula of iris rhizome extract and enhanced gluco-active complex will give it all the antioxidants it needs.
6. Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak ($25): You’re probably already familiar with the healing properties of olive oil — so just imagine what this creamy mask can do for your tired tresses. With enriching olive fruit and avocado oils, this super-nourishing mask will coat your strands and make them silky smooth after just one use.
7. Klorane Mask With Desert Date ($26): This mask is perfect for the girl who needs a bit of protein in her hair. Infused with desert date palm, this sweet-smelling mask will strengthen, restructure and protect your hair all through summer.
8. Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment ($42): If your strands are dying for some moisture, then this restorative mask treatment is for you. Instead of silicones, this silky conditioner is made with Living Proof’s microfine Restorative Shield. What does that mean? It won’t weigh your hair down or leave your hair feeling greasy. And isn’t that what we all want?
9. Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask ($80): In addition to the smoothing properties of shea butter and Argan oil, this restorative hair mask will bring elasticity and shine back to your locks after just a few uses. Apply this mask after you shampoo your hair, leave it in for 5-7 minutes and rinse. Results: luscious strands even Beyoncé would be jealous of.
10. Neutrogena® Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask ($6): Not only is this mask good for your hair, but it’s amazing for your wallet. The cult-classic is a no-brainer when it comes to solving your frizz headache. After just one use, your locks will look and smell great thanks to its olive, meadowfoam seed and sweet almond oils.
11. Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask ($45): This deep-conditioning hair mask will restore your dry locks back to their original healthy state. Made with wood cellulose extract, jojoba oil and coconut oil, this mask will help lock in moisture and bring shine back to your strands… for good.
What is your fave hair mask? Find more beauty products by following us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.