It’s no secret that we’re a *little* obsessed with finding new ways to rock our favorite hair trends, and with so much inspo available to us (thanks, Instagram!), the possibilities are truly endless. One of our go-to styles — the half-up ‘do — is an iconic look with a million interpretations, and these Instababes are breathing new life into the trend. While the classic is always golden, these beauty mavens are adding a bit of flair to their half-up hair game: fishtail braids, messy top-knot styles and so much more. Curious to see how they achieved these next-level ‘dos? Check out these 10 modern versions of half-up hair.
1. Boho Goddess: Andrea is dripping with boho beauty in a half-braided curly style and feathery earrings. This ‘do is formal enough for your bestie’s wedding, yet unfussy enough to rock while running errands. (via @andreaschoice)
2. Messy Braids: Make sure you wear this look for your next coffee date. Once you’ve perfected your fishtail braiding technique, just tease your hair for a #wokeuplikethis feel, and you’re good to go. (via @byrdiebeauty)
3. Double Buns: Sophia is nailing cozy chic with her oversized pajamas and double bun hairstyle. Her lazy girl-approved ‘do pairs perfectly with chic accessories (a la that adorable pair of glasses) and a barely there lip. (via @fashionista804)
4. Preppy Curls: For a preppier take on the half-up trend, curl the ends to add movement and clip half back with a girly bow. Julia complements her easy-breezy feminine ‘do with a floral skirt and monochromatic palette. (via @juliahengel)
5. On-Point Accessory: Cher is using a gorgeous, geometric clip to pull back her locks, and we are loving the metallic detail. Go the minimalist route with a menswear-inspired frock, and add a cozy cardigan to protect against late-spring breezes. (via @chermycloset)
6. Top-Knot Glam: Jade is killing it in a curly, high-up half topknot. She completes this badass look with a pair of statement hoops and a long sleeveless blazer. Girlboss much? (via @__lipstickncurlss__)
7. Retro Bouffant: If a vintage look is more your style, keep the drama alive like this blogger beauty. Tease the top and pin the hair to the back, and add a classic cat eye for maximum impact. (via @margoandme)
8. Weekend-Ready: This blogger shows us another uncomplicated take on the half-up, half-down hairstyle. Pull your lightly tousled tresses back in a pony or low bun, letting the shorter front pieces hang loose. Be sure to spritz some dry shampoo for added texture. (via @prettylittlefawn)
9. Half-Up Fishtail: Channel those fairytale princess vibes with this impossibly romantic half-up fishtail crown. Keep the rest of your locks long and straight to really keep the focus on your gorgeous braid. (via @jessannkirby)
10. High Bun: It’s hard not to dig Erica’s top-bun situation when it looks this fresh. Recreate this look by twisting half of your hair into a bun and adding a bit of mouse to the rest of your hair. Wear a pair of over-the-knee boots, and you just found your weekend outfit. (via @ericalave)
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.