Halloween may seem light-years away, but if last-minute Halloween costumes stress you out, then you know it’s never too early to start planning for a killer getup. Halloween makeup and hair are a given, but the perfect costume isn’t complete without an amazing mani. This year we’ve pulled out all the stops with a mega roundup of some of the scariest, spookiest and all-around amazing Halloween nail art designs from all over the interwebs. From black cat French tips to pumpkin face nail art to the most stellar sugar skull nails *we’ve* ever seen, here are 50 gorgeous manicures that are basically costumes for your nails.
Orange Is the New Black
3. Orange and Black: Looking for less fright and more fun in your Halloween nail art design? Then check out this striped and speckled mani! The classic color combo of orange and black make it unmistakably perfect for Halloween. (via Missadelinne)
Ghoulish and Ghastly
6. Dragon Claws: Okay, seriously, how awesome is this? If you’re handing out candy with painted hands and this mani, you’re sure to be the best house on the block. It’s a trick and treat in one! (via Pause for Polish)
9. Green Gooze Nails: Creating these oozing green nails is actually much easier than you may think. Start out by making three grossly green dots in the middle of your black coated nails, then squiggle your way up to the top. Doesn’t it look like you dipped your fingers in a vat of slime? Ewww! (via Shakeshakee)
12. Peeking Mummy: This is a quirky upgrade to the mummy mani. You could make it more dimensional with stick-on googly eyes, if you dare. Bonus: Use a glow-in-the-dark top coat to really take it to the next level. (via Colores de Carol)
14. Vampire Nails: Can you believe that these jaw-dropping nails take only three steps to complete? A coat of red nail polish “lips” are parted with a black nail stripe before pointy white fangs are drawn perfectly in place. (via MissJenFABULOUS)
16. Zombie Nails: Warning: There is no way to un-see these undead digits. Do they make us kind of nauseous? Yes. But we wholeheartedly applaud the brave souls who dare to dive all in with this disturbing mani (we tend to take a prettier approach on this subject matter). (via Psh***t)
17. Ursula from The Little Mermaid: You don’t need to steal anyone’s voice to wear these villainous nails. With a few simple steps and a steady hand, you too will be rocking this mani while you use thing-a-ma-bobs. (via Chalkboard Nails)
18. Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty: Just like Maleficent herself, these nails are not to be messed with. Villainous and electrifying, you know you are going to get a lot of compliments with this flashy design. (via Definitely Meg)
22. Tinkerbell of Peter Pan: Go off to Never Never Land with these super dark yet cute nails. While you might not be able to fly, at least you’ll be surrounded by a little bit of pixie dust.
23. Titans from Hercules: If you love the movie Hercules, then you are most definitely going to love these titan nails. They are strong, bold and beautiful — just like you and your goddess costume. (via Chalkboard Nails)
24. Martian Toys from Toy Story: THE CLAW! How adorable is this Toy Story mani? All you need is a coat of blue and a hint of green. So fun!
25. The House from Up: Give your nails new height with these UP-inspired designs. All we need now is a dog that can talk.
28. Disney Princesses: If you can’t decide which Disney princess you want to be this year, then just be all of them! This mani shows off their goofy side, because even a Disney princess knows how to have fun too.
29. Genie from Aladdin: If we had to make any wish, it would be to have these nails on our fingers STAT. Okay, and maybe a million dollars, but definitely these nails first.
Black and White
30. Cobweb Nails: Go for a more matte look with this spiderweb design. Unfortunately, the amazing spider ring is not included, but to make it up to you we have plenty of other spooky accessories we suspect you’ll love. (via Syl and Sam)
32. Sneaky Cat Nails: We are loving these black tips with a bit of an unexpected feline twist. Pair ’em with a kitty costume for the ultimate wow factor.
34. Skeleton Nails: These nails feature all kinds of classic Halloween motifs. We especially love the extra long skeleton that takes up two whole nails.
35. Spiderweb: We wouldn’t mind getting caught in this web. This design is a truly cool option to get into the holiday spirit.
39. Bone Nails: Simple and sophisticated with a seriously spooky edge. All the boxes are checked with these nails!
Dia de Los Muertos
46. Technicolor Candy Skulls: Who knew that sugar skulls could be so pretty?! Between the minimalist white base and technicolor eyes, this is one standout mani that shall not be limited to Dia de Los Muertos. (via That’s Heart)
47. Sugar Skull Accent Nail: You know what they say: A pinch of sparkle goes a long way. Something tells us that this mani wouldn’t have nearly as much panache if it weren’t for the bejeweled embellishments. (via Miss Phibes)
Want more Halloween inspiration? Be sure to check out our Pinterest page.