Give yourself a pat on the back! You’ve made it this far into summer while sticking to your healthy-living regimen, and you feel the best you have in years. Eating healthy is fairly simple to get in the habit of, but when you don’t indulge in alcohol too often, a margarita (or two) can bring on the bloat like no other. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to lighten up your favorite cocktails so you can knock a few back without feeling the repercussions. Paloma cocktails and low-calorie La Croix cocktails are a great starting point, but keep reading for 17 more healthy cocktail hacks that’ll transform your favorite classic summer cocktails forever.
1. Basil-Cucumber Gin Cooler: You don’t have to visit a swanky spa to enjoy this cucumber cooler. It clocks in below 150 calories just by switching seltzer for traditional tonic water. (via Skinnytaste)
2. Blackberry Cucumber Skinny Mojito: Using La Croix to stretch out your mojito brings flavor and bubbles with zero added calories. Mimic the flavors of your sparkling water by muddling cucumber and blackberries before adding the rum. (via Eating Bird Food)
3. Skinny Blood Orange Pomegranate Margaritas: The stunning hue of these margs is enough to make you want to keep drinking. If you can’t find blood oranges this time of year, regular ones will be just as delicious. (via Heather Christo)
4. Elderflower Spanish Gin and Tonics: Since there are only two ingredients in a G&T, the execution has to be perfection. AND since there are no sugary syrups or fillers, you can sip without guilt. Garnish with rosemary, juniper berries and grapefruit to echo the notes in the gin. (via Craft and Cocktails)
5. Lemon Thyme Bourbon Cocktails: The best way to flavor your cocktails without adding a ton of sugar is with citrus and herbs. Throw out your usual bourbon and cola, and instead opt for this refreshing lemon thyme cocktail. (via The Roasted Root)
6. Lightened Up Pink Starburst Cocktail: Everyone’s favorite flavor of Starburst turned into a healthier cocktail? Yes, please! Whipped cream vodka gives it that candy-like flavor, and almond milk adds a creamy texture that’s simply addictive. (via Happy Food, Healthy Life)
7. Skinny Paloma: There’s no sugar added to this tangy citrus-filled Paloma. Don’t forget to add a splash of your favorite sparkling water to make it even more thirst-quenching. (via Eating Bird Food)
8. Peach Bourbon Thyme Smash Cocktail: This cocktail gets a surprising kick from jalapeño simple syrup. It’s a welcome addition to the sweet peach and stout bourbon, and a little bit goes a long way to make this drink perfect for summer. (via A Healthy Life for Me)
9. Rhubarb Shrub Cocktail: Shrubs are having a bit of a moment, and for *good *reason. They’re refreshing, tasty and arguably the healthiest cocktail you can have. Seriously, when else are you more than willing to drink vinegar? This one takes advantage of seasonal rhubarb to up the health factor even more. (via She Eats)
10. Skinny Coconut Water Piña Colada: Why should you use heavy coconut cream for your piña colada when you have light and cooling coconut water right in your fridge? Plus, it helps fight hangovers. Drink up! (via Hello Glow)
11. Skinny Hendricks and Tonic: Flavoring your gin with rose water and cucumber hides the fact that you’re using diet tonic water to complete your cocktail. You seriously can’t tell the difference, and your drink will be even more invigorating than it was before. (via Supergolden Bakes)
15. Skinny Sparkling Blueberry Mojito: Mojitos are a summer staple that you can’t go without. The minimal simple syrup in this interpretation allows you to taste the rum, mint, lime and blueberry, instead of pure sugar. (via With Salt and Wit)
16. Skinny Watermelon Mojito: Summer’s most plentiful fruit is the ultimate base for a frothy mojito. The watermelon is SO sweet, you don’t need to add any sugar at all, which means more mojitos for everyone! (via The Eyes of a Boy)
17. Skinny Cherry Lemonade Vodka Slushies: When it’s hot out, adult slushies are the way to go. This tangy frozen lemonade cocktail is spiked with cherry vodka and will keep you cool in any temperature. (via With Salt and Wit)
Follow us on Pinterest for more healthy recipe ideas.