Stop the presses — the Breakfast at Tiffany‘s townhouse is for sale. We looked into it and found out it’ll cost $8 million to own a piece of cinematic history (anyone wanna go halvsies?). While we’re all saving our pennies, we thought we’d round up 10 ways to live like Holly Golightly every single day, even without the New York City townhouse.
2. Pearls Are a Must: “Not that I give a hoot about jewelry. Diamonds, yes. But it’s tacky to wear diamonds before you’re 40.” We recommend this necklace.
3. Learn to Play the Guitar: No joke, this is one of our favorite movie scenes of all time. Recreate it on your own balcony once you learn how to play a few chords for “Moon River.”
4. Don’t Name Your Cat: Or better yet, just name it Cat. (image via The Cherry Blossom Girl)
5. Drink All the Coffee and Eat All the Croissants you Want: Preferably in front of a shop window. We doubt Ms. Golightly would’ve ever made her own croissants (well, maybe during the time she was engaged to her Brazilian hunk), but if she did, she’d use a French recipe like this one from The Wandering Girl.
6. Perfect Your Cat Eye and Dab on That Givenchy Lipstick. Did you know Audrey Hepburn only wore Givenchy in movies and in real life? What a life! If you want to mimic her iconic look, follow this tutorial by celebrity makeup artist Lisa Eldridge, who also totally nails the hairdo. And though Givenchy is lovely, this Vogue-approved Guerlain Jardins de Bagatelle shade is on point too. (via Lisa Eldridge)
7. The. Hair: Speaking of hair, Holly’s got three major ‘dos in the movie, and if you’re going to live like her every day, you’re gonna need to know them all. First, the messy, just-rolled-out-of-bed, half-up style. Second, the perfect headscarf (to cover your unwashed locks on showerless days). And third (obviously), the most famous updo of all time. This video goes through the whole hair, makeup and costume. The hair starts around the 2:17 mark. (via Gabriella Scaringe)
8. Splurge on Tiffany’s New Sunglasses Line: You read that right. They have a sunglasses line, and they should probably be on your face (the Amazon prices aren’t too shabby either).
9. Throw a Breakfast at Tiffany’s Theme Party: These photo booth props should probably be in attendance, along with lots of champagne, a toga dress and a no-name cat who doesn’t know WTF is going on. No phonies allowed.
10. More Masks! The vintage cat and dog masks have long been retired, but you can pick your favorite animal here. P.S. No shoplifting.
Feeling like having breakfast at Tiffany’s today? Let’s go.