To slay or not to slay, that is the million dollar question. When it comes to our daily #OOTD rotation, we’re all about taking it there even if it means raising a few eyebrows in the process. Not just restricted to your after-hours beauty routine (holographic lips, anyone?), hologram-inspired statement pieces that shimmer just the right amount are officially on our radar. Proceed to channel your inner Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century with these 11 futuristic style essentials (an iridescent cross-body bag! Holographic tennies!) that will make you feel like an IRL unicorn. Any takers?
1. Poprageous Molten Aqurple Leggings ($38): Betcha don’t have souped-up leggings that pack this much pizzazz. Maybe you’re heading to the yoga studio or perhaps you’re kickin’ it cool on a lazy Sunday. Either way, it’s safe to say a casual jaunt around the block has never looked this #fierce.
2. Free People Vinyl Pocket Belt ($38): From festival grounds to amusement rides at Coney Island, you need a psychedelic bum pack that commands attention the moment you enter the room. Consider us obsessed.
3. Forever 21 Holographic Windbreaker Jacket ($30): Get ready to turn heads. If you’re not sporting a holographic windbreaker with UFO-level swagger, then you’re missing out.
4. Missguided Silver Holographic Faux Leather Choker Necklace ($11): Hello, Electric Daisy Carnival (or a Vegas-themed bachelorette bash). This iridescent silver choker will lend just the right amount of bada-boom to a white haute jumpsuit or leggy mini dress.
5. UO Holographic Pool Slide ($15): Make a splash this summer with these holographic pool slides that will cause a scene at the pool. All that’s missing is a risqué one-piece and some red heartbreaker sunnies for maximum impact.
6. Samantha Pleet Holographic Sparkle Swimsuit ($149): Don’t be silly: Of course you need a shimmery swimsuit that sparkles and shines like the cosmos. The playful cutouts are our fave part — Miley-inspired space buns may be in order.
7. Topshop Moto Holographic Silver Straight Leg Jeans ($110): First, WTF-worthy clear jeans, and now THIS. Leave it to Topshop to send ladies everywhere into a frenzy with their silver foil-coated jeans that can be spotted at least a mile away.
8. Kara Crinkled Hologram Nana Tie Crossbody ($375): Cool crinkled cross-body (try saying that three times fast!) that offers up major street-style domination? We’re so in. Dare to be seen by teaming this piece de resistance with denim cutoffs and pom-pom-strewn tennies for no shortage of sartorial edge.
9. Puma Basket Holographic Sneakers ($75): Not even your monochromatic kicks of the moment can compete with these mermaid-inspired holographic Puma sneakers. It’s safe to say that the throwback style will have you completing the mile in record time — hurry though, ‘cause they’ll be gone in a flash.
10. Nasty Gal Arianna Holographic Mini Skirt ($60): “Who’s that girl?” That would be you, Miss Disco Diva, you. Toss this holographic A-line mini on with an after-hours bodysuit and retro oversized hoops for a bombshell look.
11. Poppy Lissiman DNMTC Clutch Silver Bubble ($110): Epic dance party, right this way. This silver holographic bubble clutch can not only stand on its own, but it’s guaranteed to convey a message that says “move out the way, betches.”
Will you be test-driving the season’s double-tap-worthy holographic trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more cutting-edge style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.