Whether you’re moving into a new apartment, closing the mortgage on your first home, or just making yet another move, we wish you congrats on adulting! Because when your living sitch is secure, there’s really so much fun in store. Like styling out your study with all the artificial plants (’cause you’re still working on that green thumb), or gettin’ fancy with Kate Spade decor in. Every. Single. Room. Whatever your #decorgoals may be, these seven legit home additions will make your new space feel gorgeous and unique — just like you.
1. Planters: The easiest way to bring a breath of fresh air into your home? A plant, of course. Take it up a notch and try this DIY Macrame Planter Kit ($20) to hang your new foliage from your favorite ceiling space.
2. Candles: Nothing quite makes a house a home like the fragrant smell of a new candle burning. This Munio Wild Flowers Candle ($22) is hand-poured over wild flowers so it looks just as beautiful on fire as it does sitting on your nightstand.
3. Coasters: Don’t lie; we know you’re already planning your first dinner party. Try making your own decor with this Faux Leather Coasters Kit ($25) and protect your brand new coffee table, side tables, and countertops while giving your room a subtle yet super chic touch.
4. Bar Cart: Now that you’re officially in your own place, it’s time to step up your wine and spirits selection. With this fab gold Safavieh Bar Cart ($209), the artisan drinks you serve won’t be the only thing that’ll have people talking.
5. Cutting Board: The best part about having your own place? Hosting girls’ night, duh. And since they always call for wine and cheese, you’ll need a killer board to serve your besties. We love this Wood Burned Cutting Board Kit ($25) because it allows you to add a personalized touch, making it even sweeter each time you use it.
6. Wall Decor: What’s one thing that comes with every new place? Lots and lots of wall space. So much space, in fact, that it can be overwhelming (and expensive!) to fill it all up with art, photos, and other pieces of wall decor. Luckily, this affordable Wall Hanging Kit ($25) will give your space the pop of color it’s begging for.
7. Trinket Dish: What screams adult more than a spot designated specifically for tossing keys, loose change, lipstick, and other miscellaneous items? Try this adorable Brass Turtle Trinket Dish ($14), and it will hold all of your forgotten items while being a super cute reminder that you can spend money on a turtle dish if you want to.
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more adulting and decor tips!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.