We’ve broken out our boots and scarves, and we’ve finally chilled out on the pumpkin spice craze — because mulled wine. This all means one thing: Thanksgiving is *just* around the corner. You’ll soon be planning for that greatly anticipated turkey and everyone’s fave scrumptious stuffing, all while looking for shortcuts to alleviate stress and make life easier. The most common piece kept as the last priority is cranberry sauce. Yes, it’s kitschy and comical AF to cut through cranberry jelly that’s still shaped like the tin, but making it homemade is a total game-changer. These 11 easy peasy cranberry sauce recipes will make you swoon and abandon the can.
1. Raspberry Zinfandel Cranberry Sauce: You will fall in love with this sophisticated yet simple twist on the classic cranberry sauce. Red wine, cinnamon and raspberries create a spread that is warmly spiced, slightly tart and just a bit jammy. Trust us, you’ll want to make this year-round. (via Kitchen Treaty)
2. Best Homemade Cranberry Sauce: It’s a bit of a shame that cranberry sauce is only used once a year — maybe twice if you break it out at Christmas. Even if you’re into the smooth canned variation which lacks in clumpy berries, give this a whirl — you’ll *never* look back. (via A Sweet Pea Chef)
3. Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce: Let’s face it — *something* needs to be done in the slow cooker on Thanksgiving day. With everything else going on, you need the peace of mind and the extra room on the stove. This year, alleviate stress by making this no-fuss fave in the crock. (via Wonky Wonderful)
4. Homemade Vanilla Thyme Cranberry Sauce: Sweetened with pure maple syrup, this smashing cranberry sauce is free of refined sugars. Ah-mazing. A teeny splash of vanilla extract adds an innovative spin, and the addition of fresh thyme makes it slightly herbaceous and *totally* dreamy. (via Cook Nourish Bliss)
5. Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce With Honey and Mango: When you’re avoiding the use of refined sugar, being creative with substitutions is a must. That’s exactly what’s going on here. Mango brings a level of natural sweetness and bright flavors to this whole berry goodness. (via Dad With a Pan)
6. Mulled Cranberry Sauce: The aroma of mulled wine wafting throughout the house is a telltale sign that it’s fall and we’re all ready to get cozy. It only makes sense to bring that cozy vibe to Thanksgiving dinner with this mulled cranberry sauce. Complete with nutmeg and cloves, this jam will surely steal the show. (via Perchance to Cook)
7. Paleo Ginger Spiced Cranberry Sauce: If you’re down with healthy and eating clean, this Paleo cranberry sauce has your name all over it. It’s zesty, sweetened with maple sugar and spiced exactly like a classic cranberry sauce. Your family *just* might consider eating Paleo more often. (via Anya’s Eats)
8. Red Wine Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce: Pomegranate tends to make surprising appearances in the fall. We see it garnishing soups and salads and, with its ruby color and burst of flavor, it only makes sense. Adding it to cranberry sauce is pretty genius, and hey, that splash of red wine doesn’t hurt! (via Good Life Eats)
9. Maple Orange Cranberry Sauce: With a plethora of obligatory side dishes and a bird to cook, you might be tempted to just dump your cranberry sauce out of a can. Let us assure you that’s completely unnecessary with this quick and tasty Paleo-friendly variation. All you need is 15 minutes and three ingredients. (via Delicious Meets Healthy)
10. Cranberry and Pear Relish: This sweet and earthy cranberry and pear concoction is what being creative in the kitchen is all about. Fresh rosemary, freshly ground pepper and pine needle syrup will up your cranberry sauce game to an unbeatable level. (via A Lemon Tree Cafe)
11. Simple Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce: You certainly don’t need sugar to make things toothsome, and this sugarless cranberry sauce proves it. This recipe calls for maple syrup and apple cider, and it’s oh-so-delish. (via Eat Within Your Means)
Need more Thanksgiving inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!