Whether you’re turning 19 or 90, your birthday is *always* cause for celebration. Along with hosting an awesome birthday party and getting a ton of Facebook birthday cam vids, one of the best parts about turning a year older is walking into your fave store and having them hand you free swag… just for being born! But this year we aren’t stopping with our usual gratis Starbucks drink — we’re scoring loot at 17 stores offering birthday giveaways that together total over $300 in free stuff!
Food and Treats
7. Starbucks (up to $149, but realistically probably $6): While most people know that signing up for Starbucks Rewards will earn you a free bday drink, most people don’t know that the record for the most expensive Sbux drink ever was set by William E. Lewis Jr. of Fort Lauderdale, Florida for a 173 shot flat white. Now that’s a lot of (too much) caffeine!
9. Benihana ($30): When you register your membership to the Chef’s Table, Benihana will grant you a $30 gift certificate to be used *anytime* during your birthday month. Post-bday celebration, anyone?
Makeup and Beauty
12. Benefit Cosmetics ($23): Get your eyebrows on fleek in time for your big bash with a free brow arch service on your birthday.
13. Sephora ($20): Signing up for Sephora’s Beauty Insider program will earn you one luxury birthday gift pack. While the gifts vary depending on the season, they have been known to include some amazing goodies like Tarte Lip Paint and Caudalie skin care minis.
15. Urban Decay ($19): Urban Decay fangirls *need* to sign up for UD Beauty Junkies — not only do you get access to sweet promotions throughout the year, but you also get a free full-sized eyeshadow single to celebrate your birthday.
What freebies will you go for on your next birthday? Tweet us your hot finds @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Getty)