It’s that time of year again, when your feet find their happy place in between the straps of your fave flip-flop or standing sky high in a pair of cool platform shoes. But before you go crazy with that matching summer mani-pedi, think about stepping up your foot care game. If they’ve been hiding in a pair of slip-ons for months and haven’t seen a pedi chair in a while, then your feet may not be looking so hot. We’re talking roughness, cracks and funky-AF toenails. Luckily, with a few of the latest essentials and an emergency rescue plan, your feet can shine in a pair of bare-it-all sandals stat. Follow along to get yours ready for their close-up.
EXFOLIATE DRY SKIN
1. Karuna Exfoliating+ Foot Mask ($11): You know how sheet masks are so ah-mazing for your face? Welcome to the for-your-feet version, which offers the same kinds of ultra-nourishing ingredients, such as peptides and hyaluronic acid. Slip on the pair of sheet booties and relax while they go to work. Peel them off, and your tootsies will look and feel baby-soft. To amp up the results, put them on before bed and remove in the morning.
SMOOTH OUT ROUGH PATCHES
2. Sol de Janeiro Samba 2-Step Foot Fetish Care ($27): Even if your feet are only a teeny bit rough, you should be all over this cool surfboard-shaped smoother, which removes flakes and dry patches with just a few flicks of the board. Follow up with the buttery Brazilian superfruit and coconut oil — the non-greasy formula means you can put on flip-flops right after without worrying about slippage.
REPAIR WHILE YOU WALK
3. Iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Socks ($35): The genius thing about these foot-conditioning socks? You can work out in them, all while they’re making your feet look like you just went to the salon. Woven with a high-tech copper-infused thread, they deliver conditioning ingredients to your feet and nails with each wear, and are clinically proven to make them smoother and more supple within four weeks.
TREAT YO NAILS
4. Amope Pedi Perfect Electronic Nail Care System ($37): Keeping up with nail care can be a tedious task, but thanks to this new device from Amope those lazy-girl beauty wishes just came true. This electric device has three interchangeable heads that file, buff and shine your nails like a pro. Bonus: You don’t have to give yourself a tip.
CONDITION + CORRECT
5. Nails Inc. Overnight Detox Mask ($15): Weak toenails are a definite sign of a long hard winter spent without a regular nail-care routine. This nutrient-dense mask is packed with conditioning antioxidants like green tea, spirulina and acai that will jumpstart your nails to grow stronger and healthier by morning.
Need some inspo for your next pedi? Follow us on Pinterest for all nail + beauty trends!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.