Just like you don’t need a skin-tight LBD to look sexy, a pair of tactfully styled boyfriend jeans can be just as foxy as skinny jeans. We know what you’re thinking: how can loose-fitting, menswear-inspired jeans possibly look feminine? Here’s the thing, ladies: You don’t have to sacrifice comfort to dress like a lady. There are ways to make baggy pants look ultra-chic. We’re sharing six ensembles from stylish trendsetters that prove boyfriend jeans can be girly. Scroll through for major outfit inspiration and some shopping suggestions to boot.
1. Try a Bold Lip: A bright lipstick can add a sugar-and-spice touch to any ensemble, especially a totally tomboy look. Skip the heels if you want and swipe on your favorite shade for a super easy way to add a ladylike touch. (via Vanessa Jackman)
2. Anna Sui Lipstick V ($30): Not only do you get to choose from 10 creamy shades, but how cute is the case and star shape?
4. Equipment Miles with Contrast Blouse ($268): This top is silky, sexy and has swiss dots. What more could you want?
6. Zara Long Blazer ($100): A cheery color in a sophisticated silhouette is always a good thing.
8. Seychelles Celebrar Skimmers ($120): We love the idea of a frou-frou ballet flat for those off-duty days.
9. Choose Color: Yes, black and white are the ultimate fashion colors, but if you want to break away from the norm, opt for a bright hue. Punchy colors will make you stand out in a good way. (via Fashion Vibe)
10. Kate Spade Saturday Zipline Bag ($170): Carry it top-handle style like Taylor Swift, or if you’re on the go, try it cross-body style. Either way, this bag is IT.
11. The Shirt Tuck: This is a cool-girl must, and takes about two seconds to do. Simply tuck your long or baggy top an inch into your pants and voila! Your shirt is street-style approved. (via Atlantic-Pacific)
12. Equipment Brett Mini Tokyo Star Blouse ($278): This is the ultimate luxe blouse to own. Made from lightweight silk, you can layer this top with your favorite cozy sweater or rock it solo with boyfriend jeans and funky heels.
Did we sway you from being a skinny jeans girl to a boyfriend jeans praiser? How do you keep your baggy jeans looking feminine? Spill in the comments!