There’s plenty to love about the cool weather months (and it’s not just all-pumpkin everything). When it comes to your closet, fall brings out the chic statement coats, chunky knits and other kinds of creative layering that make for some seriously enviable ensembles. What’s in it for your feet? Boots, of course, and this season, knee-high numbers are it. Unlike your standard ankle boot, they’re totally transformative — basics instantly become fashion gold when you zip them on. Whether you’re contemplating new kicks or just need a little outfit inspiration to give your tried-and-true pair new life, these 7 #OOTDs will show you what’s up.
1. @notjessfashion: Velvet, wit and over-the-knee steppers — this getup is a recipe for sartorial success. By striking the right balance of casual and cool, it nails elevated off-duty style like woah. (via @notjessfashion)
2. @dreamingofchanel: Give those boots a taste of folk-art flair with an embroidered frock and a pint-sized leather belt bag. Braid crowns and shearling add-ons strongly encouraged. (via @dreamingofchanel)
3. @songofstyle: To give laid-back separates like a denim mini and layered chunky knits an It-girl edge, simply toss on a pair of sleek snakeskin kicks and call it a day. They don’t call it #instastyle for nothing, you know. (via @songofstyle)
4. @weworewhat: ’70s style is still a thing (like, a major thing), so there’s no better time than now to bust out those suede knee-highs. Pair ’em with duds that send off serious throwback vibes, like a suede mini dress and a turtleneck. Maybe add a colorful faux fur topper and aviator shades for good measure. (via @weworewhat)
5. @karenbritchick: Question: How do you nail boho style once the cold weather hits? Answer: Royal blue boots and a cozy crocheted dress, layered under a hot-right-now coat in luxe fabrics. For an unexpected finishing touch, toss on a colorful beanie. (via @karenbritchick)
6. @fashiioncarpet: If you’re not keen on leaving the house, but hibernation mode just isn’t an option, this is one outfit you’ll want to keep in mind: The simple shirt dress + oversized sweater combo is as stylish as it is comfortable, while black over-the-knee boots add a hint of all-out sophistication. (via @fashiioncarpet)
7. @joiedejude: Skip the skinny jeans and mini dresses for a pairing with a little more pizazz. Think long hemlines and sassy slits for a fresh look that’s just as fit for the office as a casual dinner date. (via @joiedejude)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.