The funky, cute and whimsical world of the beloved Troll dolls from the ’90s has been reimagined with a fresh millennial take by the folks at Dreamworks in their new movie, Trolls. Aside from the reinstituted colorful troll hairstyles, a new makeup line from MAC Cosmetics and a slew of 2016 Halloween costume-winning inspiration, we’re thinking that a Trolls‘ birthday bash is the most colorful way to celebrate being a year older. Hold on to your hairspray and get ready for one rockin’ troll party!
1. Troll Treats: The trolls in the new Dreamworks’ movie, Trolls, are not like the ones you’ll find in the Harry Potter books. Nope, these cuties are colorful and sweet, and love to sing and dance. Your guests will do a song and dance as well at the sight of a few semi-nude yet flamboyantly delightful Troll theme cookies. (via Catch My Party)
2. ChicKawaii Enamel Troll Pin ($11): Trolls are anything but boring. Take a few splashy cues from them when dressing for your birthday party. Adding a cutesy Troll pin to your jacket collar is one way to get into the partying spirit.
3. Create Your Own Wearable Troll Hair: The tiny mythical creatures returning to the silver screen are famous for their hair. It’s simply not a Trolls par-tay without adding some hair flare to it, and these clever Troll-hair hats do the trick. (via Micheals)
4. DesignParlour Retro Trolls Birthday Cards ($4): We already know Trolls (for the most part) are super sweet, but they also have fabulous manners, as they never forget a friend’s birthday. Not lucky enough to attend a Troll party? Well, you can always send your BFF this b-day card with some glitter inside!
5. Happy Wish Company Over the Rainbow Balloon Backdrop ($30): Oh the fun you’ll have at your Trolls birthday celebration. Make memories with every festive minute as you capture this rainbow world with a magical dessert station that also makes for a great photo backdrop!
6. DIY Dyed Sprinkles: There is always at least one troll named ”Happy,” so this is the party craft for you and your gang to make at your party: sprinkle calligraphy-inspired cards. Make one for yourself and another for your best troll twin. (via Studio DIY)
7. Come in Costume: Why not make your fete a costume party too? Have party-goers get creative before they walk through the door with a Trolls costume from their very own imagination. Seriously, we had some fun when we created this Trolls family costume. Their hair may just be our favorite part! (via Brit + Co)
8. Rainbow Cereal Milkshake: What could be better than serving up an oh-so-sweet rainbow cereal milkshake for your shindig’s signature drink? You better pass out toothbrushes as your party favors. (via Studio DIY)
9. A Colorful Celebration: When setting the party table, mix and match rainbow hues and metallic tones to punch up the celebratory atmosphere. Just when you think you have too much confetti, go ahead and sprinkle a bit more on the table surface. Party on! (via Oh Happy Day)
10. Rainbow Cake-Filled Truffle Gems: Everyone knows that trolls like mushrooms, as long as they’re colorful. This foodie DIY is perhaps the most delicious gem found inside any enchanted forest: rainbow truffles. Take our advice before making and double the recipe, because these ‘shrooms will be the hit of the party. (via Aww Sam)
11. VintageGoodsBySalem Trolls Keychain ($4): Favors are a must-have at any party. Who doesn’t love a good swag bag, especially when there are mini Troll keychains included?
12. SoKayDesigns Vintage Troll Nail Art ($6): Just when your guests think the sugar surprises are over, you show off the sweetest manicure known to man and/or troll. Although these nails will fool your guests into thinking they took you hours to paint, you’ll be the savvy one, knowing they can be done in minutes with a simple Trolls nail decal set.
13. MeetMeInTheShermer Trolls Birthday Card ($4): ”Happy Birthday Weirdo!” This is possibly the best ’90s-era vibe birthday card ever to be printed. Send it to a Trolls-loving friend or to yourself. Either way, happiest of birthdays!
Still in a partying mood? Pin with us on Pinterest for more fun party ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.