You might be mourning yet another one of your besties moving on to bigger and better things (we hear ya), but at the same time, you’re so proud of her for taking this huge leap that you want to throw her a literal party to show it. Whatever she’s accomplished to bring her this far, she’ll know how excited you are for her next great adventure (and your new place to crash for a weekend). The clock’s a-ticking, so while your friend’s packing for that move, start the planning with a travel-inspired theme. Though it’s tough losing a Blanche to your Dorothy, with a few small details (and maybe an amazing going-away gift), you’ll make sure she gets sent off in style!
1. DIY Bon Voyage Party Invitation: These adorable invites are so unique that guests almost can’t RSVP no. Make a few versions that are larger and you’ll also have the perfect party decor. (via Oh Happy Day)
2. PortSeventeen Going Away Party Invitation ($20): If she’s moving states, get these customized invites to spread the word about the farewell bash. Or, if you’re planning a more casual bar crawl, have these personalized to work as a moving announcement, and follow up with a less formal e-vite.
5. Personalized Photo Wine Glass DIY: Serve vino in glasses that feature photos of your squad. Choose pics of your favorite memories, and she’ll not only have a reminder of home, but also one less thing to buy when she’s moving into the new place. (via Brit + Co)
6. PaperSupplyStation Bon Voyage Banner ($11+): A glittering banner is a *must* for photo ops at a going-away party. This version has various color and size options, including the largest “holy moly” size if you want to seriously get the message across.
7. KacyBeckDesign Hand Lettered Globe ($50): This brass base globe is fully customizable and can be painted with whatever quote you’d like. Select a phrase that wishes your bestie well on her next adventure!
8. Topper and Twine Bon Voyage Cake Topper ($11+): Add some sparkle to your dessert table with a glittery cake topper.
9. FancyThatLoved Kiss the Miss Goodbye Print ($5): If she’s moving because she’s getting hitched, commemorate the occasion with a gift that has double the meaning. Collect kisses from guests and find a photo with the entire crew together.
10. Crafted by Lindy Bon Voyage Card ($5): A cute goodbye card is a sweet send-off with a personal note. Choose a print that’s relevant for her soon-to-be new home!
12. DIY Vintage Map Votive Candles: Map votives make for perfect table decor at a small dinner party or brunch. When it’s time to say goodbye, send one home with each guest as a daily reminder of your BFF. (via The Knot)
13. ContagiousEvents Bye Felicia Glitter Banner ($17): Need we say more?
For more themed party inspiration (AKA excuses to throw one), check out our Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.