Before you say sayonara to all the cold weather pieces in your closet as you make room for some airy spring pieces, there’s a staple to add back into your “keep” pile stat: your arsenal of trendy fall boots. You’ve been teaming them with mom jeans and midi dresses ever since Labor Day, but they totally deserve a place in your spring lineup too. Even though you want to start rockin’ those newly acquired flirty, flowy frocks right now, it might be a few more weeks before you can strut your stuff in sandals on the daily. That’s where those boots come in. Consider them an essential component to transitional dressing this season and a shortcut to endless ensembles with runway-approved edge. Scroll on for eight DDG ways to wear your fall boots and spring dresses now.
1. Free People Pages of Gold Maxi ($128) + Dr. Martens 1460 Smooth Boots ($125): Tap into the ’90s to give a flowy boho dress new life. Toss on a pair of Dr. Martens to toughen up feminine florals in seconds, then complete the getup with a choker necklace and brown lipstick for a look that reads grunge goddess. Drew Barrymore and Courtney Love would totally approve.
2. H&M Ruffled Dress ($40) + Free People Adelle Ankle Boot ($178): Cute clogs and lace-up ghillies would no doubt make the perfect partner to this cheerful yellow dress, but when you’re feeling more sassy than sweet, these are the steppers you should throw into the mix. To amplify the don’t-mess effect, drape a white leather jacket across your shoulders and adorn ears with double-sided studs.
3. Zara Multicolored Crochet Dress ($60) + Topshop Mary ’60s Patent Chelsea Boots ($140): Who says you can’t sport your favorite free wheelin’ frock once the festival is over? Proof that festival wear has a life beyond the main stage, this crochet stunner kills it at the office with a classic button-down and patent Chelsea boots.
4. I Love Friday Denim Shift Dress With Lace Trim Cold Shoulder ($85) + & Other Stories Fringed Suede Ankle Boots ($145): Whether you’re headed to brunch or a bar, take this laid-back combo along for the ride. Stick with not-your-average accessories, like a bright half moon bag and one-of-a-kind pendant necklace, to send your style cred into overdrive.
5. Mango Floral Print Dress ($60) + Jeffrey Campbell Bravado Eyelet Ankle Boot ($225): Meet the outfit that will solidify your spot in the #OOTD hall of fame. ICYMI: Ditsy floral prints with a dreamy Western vibe and all-suede-everything are having a major moment. Pair this effortless matchup with a breezy trench and fringe crossbody bag for an afternoon of gallery hopping with the girls, then add a dramatic cat eye and dazzling drop earrings to transition the look for dinner and drinks with bae.
6. Nasty Gal Corset for Success Mini Dress ($68) + Zara Open Ankle Boots With Heel ($50): For an edgy springtime look with rad retro appeal (peace out, pastels), check out this trendy mod pairing. Break out the boxy suede jacket and minimalist baubles for a fierce look that you’ll come back to again and again.
7. Holding Horses Fringe Strip Shift ($148) + ASOS Enigma Lace Up Ankle Boots ($77): Before you whip out your go-to gladiators (a shoo-in for this casually cool shift), give these lace-up booties a try. Their subtle ladylike appeal balances out the dress’s otherwise free-spirited vibe, injecting a note of elegance that feels right on cue for afternoon tea or business meetings. Looking for a little extra polish? Tack on a belted boyfriend blazer.
8. Madewell Courier Shirtdress ($98) + Kelsi Dagger Atena Boots ($140): Shirtdresses were made for weekend chillin,’ and this gingham number is no different. Teamed with a denim jacket and these block heeled booties, it’ll fast become your go-to ensemble for every casual spring outing.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.