You know summer is fast approaching when tropical prints start making an appearance out on the streets. If you’re so over florals, these island-inspired patterns are just the thing you need to give your closet a warm-weather refresh. And even if an island getaway is nowhere in your near future, let the exotic 2D flowers, pineapples and palm leaves whisk you away to a sunnier, sandier, happier place. Here are seven equatorially appropriate #OOTDs to get the sartorial inspiration flowing.
1. @reemkanj: Laid-back weekends call for easy, breezy style, so simple pieces that pack a serious punch are a must. A jungle-inspired mini dress and gladiator combo makes for a no-fuss getup that feels effortlessly chic — perfect for grabbing a quick coffee or leisurely beachside brunching.
2. @jessimalay: Everyone needs that one piece that makes them feel like a total goddess. And a flowing kaftan definitely isn’t a bad place to start. Rock it at the beach as an ultra-glam coverup, or layer it over distressed white denim, a slinky cami and killer heels like Jessi and hit the city streets.
3. @stylescrapbook: Put a tropical twist on one of this summer’s biggest bathing-suit trends — the one-piece — with bright, bold palm leaves that feel made for surf-side or poolside chillin’. Stylish sunnies required.
4. @heartofchic: Bold, summer-ready prints breathe new life into work-week staples like this flirty, flouncy midi skirt, all while banishing those Monday blues. Add on an equally eye-catching topper for those days when you need an extra boost.
5. @sincerelyjules: Espadrilles + fruity embroidery = a pair of steppers we want in our wardrobes STAT. This playful take on the tropical print is less in-your-face, but still delivers that island vibe.
6. @sidesmilestyle: Denim still reigns supreme when it comes to warm-weather layering, but this unexpected combo of a sports luxe staple and funky tropical pattern deserves a second glance. While it pairs perfectly with a slouchy tee and classic denim, we’re willing to bet it looks equally as fly with a button-front skirt, minimalist maxi dress or even on-trend overalls.
7. @rosefortescue: If palm, pineapple and exotic fleur prints have you running for the hills (oh, the horror of Hawaiian shirts!), this glam gown is a total game-changer. This is the dress to pack for swanky rooftop soirees or formal seaside weddings.
Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.